+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application with non-accompanying Spouse

princessA11

Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

I received an ITA under CEC. My husband is added as non-accompanying spouse because of the reason that my score will decrease significantly if I added my husband. My husband english test score is not sufficient and he also do not have WES evaluation. My husband is here in Canada and currently working full time. He has an open work permit as dependent to my PGWP.

My question is: How should I explain this in my application?

Thank you in advance.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi,

I received an ITA under CEC. My husband is added as non-accompanying spouse because of the reason that my score will decrease significantly if I added my husband. My husband english test score is not sufficient and he also do not have WES evaluation. My husband is here in Canada and currently working full time. He has an open work permit as dependent to my PGWP.

Thank you in advance.
What do you want to explain???
You might have added him in your application, isn't it?

princessA11

Jan 24, 2023
@Taran D Hi, I added my husband in my application as non-accompanying spouse. He is here in Canada but my score will go down if he is added as accompanying spouse. I would like to write an explanation letter why my husband is non-accompanying spouse in my application.

CEC2023

Star Member
Jan 24, 2023
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Just explain as it is that because of the score and you will sponsor him later. They don't really care why he is non-accompanying.

Last edited:

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
@Taran D Hi, I added my husband in my application as non-accompanying spouse. He is here in Canada but my score will go down if he is added as accompanying spouse. I would like to write an explanation letter why my husband is non-accompanying spouse in my application.
I don't think it has to do anything with the score and anyways you have to explain about him in the family history. This question will be asked once you receive the golden email.

Karam Brar

Apr 29, 2023
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
Hi

can you please help me what did you mention for that in explanation letter?