+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC - Application submitted with a few days short in work experience

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
I don't understand your question. It doesn't matter if someone works 30 hours a week or 40 or 90. It's only counted as one week of work experience and they would therefore be one working week short of having a full year.

You cannot use additional hours worked in other weeks to make up for not having a full year of work experience.
Thank you for the feedback, Can you please explain the followings also

1. Why IRCC mentioning hours as 1560hrs if they do not depend on the hourly rate
2. Why is IRCC adding additional 35 points for CEC to the profile before reaching 1 year?

Thank you
Cheers!!

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
I don't understand your question. It doesn't matter if someone works 30 hours a week or 40 or 90. It's only counted as one week of work experience and they would therefore be one working week short of having a full year.

You cannot use additional hours worked in other weeks to make up for not having a full year of work experience.
Absolutely correct

However there is a grey area in IRCC over length of experience.

In our profile they auto increase points the moment we reach 12th month , e g. 7th January 2021 my son started working and February 2022 i created his express entry profile for CEC, December 1 2022 as per IRCC he completed 2 years so his score increased automatically, so as per the last gic of days he was 37 days short of 2 years, although there were no draws in December 2022 due to a glitch, he got ITA in Jan 18 and PR aprroved on May 18.

So with 2 days short it should not matter at all, but attach a letter of explanation. We have seen crazy rejections , so with IRCC their own logic does not work at times.

Reactions: nuwan.chathuranga

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Absolutely correct

However there is a grey area in IRCC over length of experience.

In our profile they auto increase points the moment we reach 12th month , e g. 7th January 2021 my son started working and February 2022 i created his express entry profile for CEC, December 1 2022 as per IRCC he completed 2 years so his score increased automatically, so as per the last gic of days he was 37 days short of 2 years, although there were no draws in December 2022 due to a glitch, he got ITA in Jan 18 and PR aprroved on May 18.

So with 2 days short it should not matter at all, but attach a letter of explanation. We have seen crazy rejections , so with IRCC their own logic does not work at times.
Thank you very much for the feedback.

As you mentioned, I can attach an optional letter to the submission. Can you please explain more about what it should be contained, majorly,
Letter of explanation for applying 2 days before the 1 year of work experience?

Thank you

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
Hello all,

My spouse is a primary applicant on EE and she is going to complete her 12 months of experience on 22nd June. We received ITA on 13th May as the system calculates experience on month to month basis and not based on date. As we had all our documents, we submitted documents and profile on 12th June, (10 days before actual completion of year).

There are a few questions now.
1. Will there be a problem as MEC is not met when we submitted our profile?
2. Shall we withdraw and recreate our profile for EE?
3. We contacted IRCC call center and the agent said that we should not do anything as we are only 10 days short to complete 1 year of experience. I read too many contradictory threads on different forums regarding the same. Has anyone been in the same situation as us where we follow the advice by IRCC agent and don't withdraw the application, received PR?
4. If we decide to withdraw our application and create a new profile, do we have to mention about withdrawn application in new profile?

Any help on this is much appreciated!

Hi!, Can you please explain what happens to your PR process? Your application was submitted a few days short in work experience, right? I am facing a similar kind of situation.

Thank you

sbali

Jan 13, 2023
Thank you very much for the feedback.

As you mentioned, I can attach an optional letter to the submission. Can you please explain more about what it should be contained, majorly,
Letter of explanation for applying 2 days before the 1 year of work experience?

Thank you
For 2 days, you really don't need any explanation

nuwan.chathuranga

Apr 17, 2021
For 2 days, you really don't need any explanation

My IELTS will expire on 10th June (Saturday), and my Work Experience is set for 1 year (Monday, 12th June)

If I submit my application on the 9th Friday night. Then after the weekend, Monday morning will make me a 1-year experienced candidate.
But, the year of experience calculate based on the application submission date. But, 2 days might not be a matter, It is up on IRCC :)

Btw, thank you very much for the information.

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
My IELTS will expire on 10th June (Saturday), and my Work Experience is set for 1 year (Monday, 12th June)

If I submit my application on the 9th Friday night. Then after the weekend, Monday morning will make me a 1-year experienced candidate.
But, the year of experience calculate based on the application submission date. But, 2 days might not be a matter, It is up on IRCC :)

Btw, thank you very much for the information.
You'd be better off doing your IELTS again, and waiting for the new results, that way your 1 year work experience will also have passed and have no reason for IRCC to reject your application based on your IELTS and Work Experience.

Reactions: nuwan.chathuranga

FamaH

Jun 10, 2023
Any updates for those who had 3-5 days short of work experience? Did your PR get approved?