+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application submitted end 2012 - assessed against old/new CEC requirements??

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hi all,

Quick question i hope someone can answer and help put my mind at ease.

I applied for CEC residency end of 2012 and my application status is showing as application received since November. I received an email at the end of January stating my application was ready to proceed to the visa processing office. Since that email i have not yet had any further contact. I understand the next stage is to be called for my medical.

My concern here is - i was required at the time to show 2 years of work as opposed to the new requirement of just 12 months. I showed evidence of these 2 years however just recently as i was helping a friend with her application, i noticed i had actually used a group C code for one of my temping jobs i was in before for a couple of weeks. Without this particular job my overall calculated work time is about 23 and half months and not 24 full months.

My question is - as i have not heard yet, is it likely my application could be assessed against the new requirements of just 12 months work as they most likely know if i get rejected i will just need to put the exact same application back in the post and get accepted the 2nd time? Should i be emailing them and trying to rectify the situation and if so what action would i need to take?

Thanks!!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clodaoc said:
Hi all,

Quick question i hope someone can answer and help put my mind at ease.

I applied for CEC residency end of 2012 and my application status is showing as application received since November. I received an email at the end of January stating my application was ready to proceed to the visa processing office. Since that email i have not yet had any further contact. I understand the next stage is to be called for my medical.

My concern here is - i was required at the time to show 2 years of work as opposed to the new requirement of just 12 months. I showed evidence of these 2 years however just recently as i was helping a friend with her application, i noticed i had actually used a group C code for one of my temping jobs i was in before for a couple of weeks. Without this particular job my overall calculated work time is about 23 and half months and not 24 full months.

My question is - as i have not heard yet, is it likely my application could be assessed against the new requirements of just 12 months work as they most likely know if i get rejected i will just need to put the exact same application back in the post and get accepted the 2nd time? Should i be emailing them and trying to rectify the situation and if so what action would i need to take?

Thanks!!
You will be assessed against the old criteria and based on what you have said above chances are your application will be rejected. As they have technically started processing it chances are you can't get your fees back. I'd suggest putting in a new application now

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I phoned the CIC line and explained it was an error i just over looked when i did my application (i was extremely thorough but just missed this some how!) and they said to send through an email explaining the error. The girl was a bit all over the place with her advice and said if i haven't heard back anything yet that it would probably be fine which led me to believe if there is an error like this they contact you to clarify the information or ask for additional information? Am i wrong? Do they just reject you without any prior warning and then you have to apply all over again?

I am leaving Canada at the end of the month as my visitor status is up and i am subleasing my place leaving all my furniture etc here. The timeline for the CEC residency says 13 months so by end of the year that will be my 13 months. I was sure i would have my residency by then but is this problem that i have just explained enough for my application to be straight up rejected??

honeysingh

Feb 20, 2013
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clodaoc said:
I phoned the CIC line and explained it was an error i just over looked when i did my application (i was extremely thorough but just missed this some how!) and they said to send through an email explaining the error. The girl was a bit all over the place with her advice and said if i haven't heard back anything yet that it would probably be fine which led me to believe if there is an error like this they contact you to clarify the information or ask for additional information? Am i wrong? Do they just reject you without any prior warning and then you have to apply all over again?

I am leaving Canada at the end of the month as my visitor status is up and i am subleasing my place leaving all my furniture etc here. The timeline for the CEC residency says 13 months so by end of the year that will be my 13 months. I was sure i would have my residency by then but is this problem that i have just explained enough for my application to be straight up rejected??
In 90% of the cases they just reject on what information they have,,,as you know its just a PASS/FAIL cretiria .... only couple of them were asked to clarify...

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clodaoc said:

They have a criteria to follow. The issue is that you didn't meet the requirements and thus your existing application doesn't qualify. They will not count any new work experience after the date your application was submitted. If you don't have the 24 months of skilled FT or equiv. work experience you do not mee the requirments.

Again, your best bet is to put in a new application.

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
The person on the phone (CIC helpdesk) said they assessed the work experience in months and not days/hours. So, if i was above 23 and half months of work (closer to 24) and they saw this mistake then the likilhood is i would be fine. This could be completely useless information but as this is the only number you can call for advise its all i really have to work from. I don't understand why they would reject it on the basis that the new criteria means when i get my application back i would literally just need to pop it back in the post again? Surely for such an application they look beyond their basic check list and assess my application based on this specific situation?

Does anyone else have any solid information or is anyone else in a similar situation?

Besides putting another application in the post is there any other action i can take??

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clodaoc said:
The person on the phone (CIC helpdesk) said they assessed the work experience in months and not days/hours. So, if i was above 23 and half months of work (closer to 24) and they saw this mistake then the likilhood is i would be fine. This could be completely useless information but as this is the only number you can call for advise its all i really have to work from. I don't understand why they would reject it on the basis that the new criteria means when i get my application back i would literally just need to pop it back in the post again? Surely for such an application they look beyond their basic check list and assess my application based on this specific situation?

Does anyone else have any solid information or is anyone else in a similar situation?

Besides putting another application in the post is there any other action i can take??
Dude I've given you solid information. If you are a day of the 24 months they will reject your application. It's as solid and as straightforward as it gets.

clodaoc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
I appreciate your comments, i am just looking for other view points. Considering the CIC people weren't waving a red flag straight away but you are i am confused if i should trust their judgement or information provided in a forum. Are you applying for the CEC residency also? Or are you an immigration professional? If its the latter then yes maybe i should take your advise and just apply again.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clodaoc said:
I appreciate your comments, i am just looking for other view points. Considering the CIC people weren't waving a red flag straight away but you are i am confused if i should trust their judgement or information provided in a forum. Are you applying for the CEC residency also? Or are you an immigration professional? If its the latter then yes maybe i should take your advise and just apply again.
They wouldn't. Pre 2013 the initial check was for completeness (that is, do you have all the required forms). The next check is whether you are eligible, and you aren't.

MIA2010

Apr 30, 2013
jsm0085 said:
Dude I've given you solid information. If you are a day of the 24 months they will reject your application. It's as solid and as straightforward as it gets.
I have a question that i had signed the application on 31 December 2012 . and cic received on 7 jan 2013. my application will be consider on old stream of 2 years experience or 2013 new streem that 1 year work experience

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIA2010 said:
I have a question that i had signed the application on 31 December 2012 . and cic received on 7 jan 2013. my application will be consider on old stream of 2 years experience or 2013 new streem that 1 year work experience
Yes.

MIA2010

Apr 30, 2013
jsm0085 said:
No I mean the two year basis. That's the problem.
now i am still working with the same employer and i have more than two years experience right now i waited till the new rules to come as i was in 23 months of experience that time now i have 2.5 years. since cic receive it on 7 jan.2013.how it should go on 2 year stream

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MIA2010 said:
now i am still working with the same employer and i have more than two years experience right now i waited till the new rules to come as i was in 23 months of experience that time now i have 2.5 years. since cic receive it on 7 jan.2013.how it should go on 2 year stream
Because you used the old paperwork and signed it in 2012. You are clutching at straws hoping they will assess on the 2013 rules.