+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application Rejected - What are my options?

anuj_25

Dec 7, 2022
If OP has been in Canada and worked at that job in Canada for 1 year, he/she can claim the 50 points (CEC) without the employer guaranteeing employment for another year. The guarantee clause is only required for NEW job offer.

How long have you been in Canada, OP?
The letter from IRCC states that “The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment”

This clearly means that the roles and responsibilities mentioned in the work experience/ offer letter do not align with those for the NOC code. The IRCC letter does not state that it’s rejected due to missing one year commitment from the employer.

Why are you guys suspecting one year commitment as the reason for rejection?
You were rightly refused. You had to provide a new job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR. You can’t use the same job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
The letter from IRCC states that “The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment”

This clearly means that the roles and responsibilities mentioned in the work experience/ offer letter do not align with those for the NOC code. The IRCC letter does not state that it’s rejected due to missing one year commitment from the employer.

Reactions: prince.ali1

apat311

Dec 16, 2022

I believe I have provided the information regarding job duties and responsibilities. I have raised a web form to request re-consideration. I will also update my profile and apply again by reviewing my NOC and other documents.

Zee234O

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
1 - I did claim the points
2 - I sent 2 separate letters regarding my current job. One that was the job offer whic allowed me to come to Canada, and then the letter that talks about the work performed as per the NOC.
3 - My other co-workers have used the same template for the job reference letter with same job title and NoC.
Are you 100% sure you claimed points for job offer? I highly doubt this is the issue based on the refusal reason
You can confirm on your ITA and if possible can you share your points allocation table on your ITA,no need to show your personal details.

Aisijin

May 10, 2022
1. in your actual work letter, does it contain every info that IRCC required? aka job duties, the processing is really depends on the officer who works on you application, so your coworker passed doesn't mean you will pass too. so better to make it just as the requirement

2. your job offer is no valid, I see you already realized this problem

I've seen other ppl had the 1st problem, she appealed, with webform uploaded new work letter with full details then it works, maybe you can try

AutoGenie

Sep 17, 2014
I understand this issue but then my CRS drops to 521.

I have been here since April 02, 2021. My ITA was July 06, 2022.
You were rightly refused. You had to provide a new job offer with guaranteed employment one year past PR. You can’t use the same job offer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
Sad to say but you are right as IRCC clearly mentioned on the link you posted that they can't consider the same offer letter that was already used earlier.

hello2020

Star Member
Oct 8, 2019
Sad to say but you are right as IRCC clearly mentioned on the link you posted that they can't consider the same offer letter that was already used earlier.
Have you read below the reason of refusal before posting?

You provided a letter of employment dated July 7, 2022, that stated the following: job title, location of work, dates employed and salary. The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Taran D

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
My CEC application was rejected today. The refusal letter states that I did not provide any information for the job I am claiming Canadian Experience Points for. The letters I have provided, I also have a screenshot from the application have very clear responsibilities marked out so this seems like an oversight by the agent.

What options do I have? I don't think I can appeal the decision but there should be a way to address this oversight.

Edit:

The Letter states:

You provided a letter of employment dated July 7, 2022, that stated the following: job title, location of work, dates employed and salary. The letter however did not provide job duties that you have performed the lead statement and main duties of the declared NOC for this period of employment.

(the letter that I provided had this information and was uploaded in the Letter of Employment section of the application. Its a 2-page with full description of the job duties.)

Profile Information:

CRS - 571

ITA - July 6th, 2022

AoR - July 15th, 2022

Medical and Biometrics have passed

Please let me know what my options are.
How close are your job duties listed on the employer letter to the one listed here https://noc.esdc.gc.ca/Structure/NocProfile?objectid=P0s577TQkX6okmm3FtgLOnAtKlzuZsTcrOS5q5zkKmI=

Check those matches before reapplying or reconsideration request.

AutoGenie

Sep 17, 2014
Have you read below the reason of refusal before posting?
Yes, I have read but IRCC is known for giving unrelated reasons so you can go by that but that may not be the actual issue. However, it is your application so you know best. I am not an Immigration Lawyer or expert so what I mentioned was as per my experience but take it with a pinch of salt. Hope you get more clarity soon. Cheers.

Jan 11, 2023
Hi, my cec inland application was rejected today as well. AOR Aug 21. It was because my foreign work experience didn’t sufficiently match my NOC code (2171). I will have to reapply. This is such a big disappointment.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hi, my cec inland application was rejected today as well. AOR Aug 21. It was because my foreign work experience didn’t sufficiently match my NOC code (2171). I will have to reapply. This is such a big disappointment.
Hey! sorry to hear that.
did they ask for additional documents before sending the rejection letter?

Zee234O

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Sorry to hear about that and after such a long wait. Did you call IRCC at any point to find out the status or order gcms? Asking to guide us/others for the future to see if we could address issues earlier

Reactions: cz999