+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Application and previous overstay

Oct 30, 2018
Did
I had work permit until July 18, 2017, my Canadian work experience is 1 year from July 2016 to July 18, 2017, I stopped working as soon as my work permit expired, but I overstayed after that for 6 months. This is the only experience that I am claiming points for.

When I am filling out my express entry profile and fill in the work history, this question pops up

Working legally in Canada during this time?

A person must have:

• been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
  • had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
  • not stayed longer than the approved time period.
Yes or No

If I answer yes, my CRS score is 465, if I answer no, my CRS score is 412, below the cutoff. I am losing points for that 1 year Canadian Work Experience, and it says I only meet the minimum criteria for Fedaral Skilled Worker. But even then, I don't have enough points to clear the cutoff score.

Can you please tell me if your friend also applied through Canadian Experience class, did she claim points for her Canadian Experience even after overstaying? and if she did, what did she answer to that question. That is all I want to know.
did u apply yes or no I’m in a same situation

Reactions: samcan2015

samcan2015

Feb 16, 2015
Is anyone know what is the result for this case described by copperbuck. I am in same situation stayed over 90 days and now I apply for work permit with valid LMIA, I got refusal. Please help if you can. Much appreciated thank you