CEC application - 12 month and Etobicoke centre

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I have submitted my application under CEC on 23 Aug 2017, and since 28 Sep 2017, my file is in Etobicoke centre. I am not in canada and so Etobicoke centre has requested Bangalore office for interview which happened on 22nd Feb 2018. As per Bangalore visa office, everything was in place, and it should not take more than 2-3 days to close the file but it has been 6 months. I have called CIC multiple times but everytime, they informed me that officer hasn't looked at file since 22nd Feb. Could you please suggest what should i do next?
I do not have Etobicoke centre email id, could you please help me with that as well.
Note - My file is not in SS as per CIC spoke over the telephone.

Last edited:

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Hi All,
I have submitted my application under CEC on 23 Aug 2017, and since 28 Sep 2017, my file is in Etobicoke centre. I am not in canada and so Etobicoke centre has requested Bangalore office for interview which happened on 22nd Feb 2018. As per Bangalore visa office, everything was in place, and it should not take more than 2-3 days to close the file but it has been 6 months. I have called CIC multiple times but everytime, they informed me that officer hasn't looked at file since 22nd Feb. Could you please suggest what should i do next?
I do not have Etobicoke centre email id, could you please help me with that as well.
You should order GCMS notes immediately, it will give you some idea as to where is it stuck and may help move the file as well.

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should order GCMS notes immediately, it will give you some idea as to where is it stuck and may help move the file as well.
Thanks for reply. Yes, i have ordered 3 times my GCMS. Initially officer was awaiting inputs from Bangalore office, and he has given all the inputs he has asked for on 22nd Feb. and then there is nothing..

Ram_29

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
Ottawa , Ontario,Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
27-081989
Med's Done....
20-09-2018
Hi All,
It's very stressful for sure to wait that long . However best wishes for your a[pplication. I am a CEC applicant too... Could you please share your experience particularly why it took that long ... It will help many candidates. Thanks.