Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
I got GU just now. Fingers crossed. FINALLY

Is it a good idea to call them? Anyone called to IRCC after the first GU?
Update - I just called IRCC and they informed Eligibility is PASSED. Previous status is recommended passed. Security not started.

__rsingh__

Dec 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
Update - I just called IRCC and they informed Eligibility is PASSED. Previous status is recommended passed. Security not started.
Just Eligibility or everything is passed?

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
did you check whether your files is transferred to local VO, since eligibility is passed?
I am not sure. Still security is not started so file wont be transferred to local VO.

Reactions: tsc7

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I am not sure. Still security is not started so file wont be transferred to local VO.
One thing I don't understand how your criminality was passed on Nov 25th itself ;). For most of us with Sep AOR, it was in progress 1 month back and was completed only within the past few weeks.

harsh_8081

Star Member
Aug 8, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
I got a ghost update on Saturday, April 17, 2021. When I logged in to my portal, I saw Application Updated, but nothing was changed. I didn't get an email but the profile said Application Updated and after I opened it and went back, it said READ. I don't know what progress took place on my profile as I didn't call IRCC Agent yet.

@legalfalcon Any idea what could it be?

Details in my signature. Thank you

kapilarya85

Dec 29, 2020
Adding my query again here as didn't see any response. Please someone answer me for my query if you anyone of you have faced similar situation.

Hi Guys, We recently moved to Canada (Toronto) from States on Closed WP (Intra-Company Transfer) in Feb. My wife is on Open Work Permit and she was issued same when we landed here. Also, She got a gob here and working currently for an Startup IT Based company.

We are planning to file for our PR (Of course after completion of 1 year here in Canada) under CEC. My concerns is that I want my wife to be primary applicant as she scores more than me (For Age). Now, As she is working on Open Work Permit and she don't have LMIA. Can she still get Job Offer point as 50 if she just shows her current offer or new offer generated at the time of filing for PR? I have many friends who converted from closed work permit to PR but not having one whose spouse was Primary applicant and working. My wife has Bachelor degree same as me. Only thing that she score more points than me as everything is same if she can also claim for Job offer 50 point. Can any one put some light on it or explain me what else is needed if I make her Primary? Does her employer need to file for LMIA before we file for PR so she gets eligible to apply under CEC and get additional 50 points for Job offer?

Please let me know.

Thanks

levisalarcon

Sep 24, 2019
Adding my query again here as didn't see any response. Please someone answer me for my query if you anyone of you have faced similar situation.

Hi Guys, We recently moved to Canada (Toronto) from States on Closed WP (Intra-Company Transfer) in Feb. My wife is on Open Work Permit and she was issued same when we landed here. Also, She got a gob here and working currently for an Startup IT Based company.

We are planning to file for our PR (Of course after completion of 1 year here in Canada) under CEC. My concerns is that I want my wife to be primary applicant as she scores more than me (For Age). Now, As she is working on Open Work Permit and she don't have LMIA. Can she still get Job Offer point as 50 if she just shows her current offer or new offer generated at the time of filing for PR? I have many friends who converted from closed work permit to PR but not having one whose spouse was Primary applicant and working. My wife has Bachelor degree same as me. Only thing that she score more points than me as everything is same if she can also claim for Job offer 50 point. Can any one put some light on it or explain me what else is needed if I make her Primary? Does her employer need to file for LMIA before we file for PR so she gets eligible to apply under CEC and get additional 50 points for Job offer?

Please let me know.

Thanks

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=695&top=29

To me, it seems like it has to be a work permit with LMIA or one of the LMIA exemptions.