+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Sep 2020 **Join Here**

Tigerxjj515

Dec 10, 2020
Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding my CEC entry profile.

My PGWP expired on Dec 2020, I have already worked for my current employer for 1 year under the PGWP.

I just received my employer specific work permit on March 2021. And I am still working for the same employer.

I am not sure whether to answer "YES or "NO" for the following question under the Job History section

For the question "Has the applicant been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time work?) (required)"

Will I still be able to get 50 score on Arranged Employment if I answer "NO"

I hope if someone could give me some advice.

Thank you

johnbaris

Apr 5, 2021
Hey guys, here is my current status as of last week:

AOR: 22 September
VO: Ottawa
Eligibility: Recommended Pass
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started
NOC: 1123
Dependents: None

Is there anyone with a similar timeline?

Last edited:
Reactions: ishakeshavan

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

Do you have dependents in your application? My AOR is Sep 21. When I checked last time (3 weeks back), my Criminality was still in progress. Rest of the statuses were same. I will probably call them after couple of weeks.

johnbaris

Apr 5, 2021
Do you have dependents in your application? My AOR is Sep 21. When I checked last time (3 weeks back), my Criminality was still in progress. Rest of the statuses were same. I will probably call them after couple of weeks.
No dependents. I am sure if you called now, they would tell you your criminality is also passed at this point. I think the eligibility check is the bottleneck at the Ottawa VO

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
No dependents. I am sure if you called now, they would tell you your criminality is also passed at this point. I think the eligibility check is the bottleneck at the Ottawa VO
I am waiting to see some early Sep AORs passing Eligibility before I call them again.

johnbaris

Apr 5, 2021
I may be wrong but from what I understand, IRCC prioritizes some NOCs and processes cases based on jobs. When I checked the eAPR tracker, I noticed it always follows a NOC theme

mi_21

Dec 24, 2020

Dependents: None

AOR : Sept 21.
Exactly same status as yours. Got two GU last week though.

Canada_mp

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
I may be wrong but from what I understand, IRCC prioritizes some NOCs and processes cases based on jobs. When I checked the eAPR tracker, I noticed it always follows a NOC theme
You are correct about the NOC code. Mine is different and is generally slower from what I have seen so far.

johnbaris

Apr 5, 2021
When did you check last over phone ? 2 GUs could mean Criminality and Eligibility are done, maybe ?
If I am not mistaken, 2 GU updates are usually security updates, the first from not started to in progress, the second from in progress to passed. I don't think eligibility triggers any GUs, only security and criminality (as a part of background check) trigger GUs.

When I got a GU in Feb, I called and they said it was criminality passed. So, I am waiting for the next two GUs, if I see them, then it will be confirmation of my logic.

stefi2020

Nov 23, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aor October 10th 2020
Doc's Request.
Rcmp
AOR Received.
October 10th 2020
Med's Request
November 20th 2020
You are correct about the NOC code. Mine is different and is generally slower from what I have seen so far.
I am not sure about this...

mi_21

Dec 24, 2020
When did you check last over phone ? 2 GUs could mean Criminality and Eligibility are done, maybe ?

I called them twice. After first GU(Feb 22): Criminality was passed, Eligibility recommended passed. After second GU (March 31st), the agent said nothing changed. Don't know about third GU (April 3).