+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
@legalfalcon you had suggested I check with IRCC if my Eligibility was conclusively passed and I called them today. It was conclusively passed on 29th April but even today the agent said 'security not started'.
My concern is that my company is a bit shaky right now and I will lose 200 points if I lose my job right now, the bridging work permit seems useless in my case.
If I look for a new job do I have to go through the LMIA process all over again and will it impact my points? My current job is LMIA exempt.

Aksandhu

May 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I am new here but I must say this thread is really helpful for the people applied in Nov 2020. Appreciate

Aksandhu

May 19, 2021
I am also in the same boat, no updates after AOR on Nov 10. My profile shows’ in progress’ from day 1

Aksandhu

May 19, 2021
My concern is that I got an open work permit after my LMIA based WP got expired on May 2,2021. But my consultant still says that I need to work with the same employer as I claimed 50 points for LMIA when I applied for my PR. Can anyone help. I want to skip this job and move to Alberta, currently based in BC. Thanks in advance.

Jheez

Feb 19, 2021
My concern is that I got an open work permit after my LMIA based WP got expired on May 2,2021. But my consultant still says that I need to work with the same employer as I claimed 50 points for LMIA when I applied for my PR. Can anyone help. I want to skip this job and move to Alberta, currently based in BC. Thanks in advance.
You will lose those 50 points if you claimed them but if that does not bring your overall score below the specified 'cut off' then you can forego those 50 points and take up another job. So if cut off was 470 and you still stay at 470 or more after losing 50 points you should be good, going below 470 will be a problem. Hope this helps.

Aksandhu

May 19, 2021
You will lose those 50 points if you claimed them but if that does not bring your overall score below the specified 'cut off' then you can forego those 50 points and take up another job. So if cut off was 470 and you still stay at 470 or more after losing 50 points you should be good, going below 470 will be a problem. Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot dear, it’s really helpful. I think I should continue with the same employer as my cut off was 470 and mine was 476

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
I am also in the same boat, no updates after AOR on Nov 10. My profile shows’ in progress’ from day 1
You could gather more details from GCMS notes or phone calls. In many cases, if we are not monitoring the application closely we might not be able to know real-time updates.

Having said that, we have observed patterns (including my own application) that most updates and considerable progress take place only around the last few days/months. Hang in there. You'll get it!!

Aksandhu

May 19, 2021
You could gather more details from GCMS notes or phone calls. In many cases, if we are not monitoring the application closely we might not be able to know real-time updates.

Having said that, we have observed patterns (including my own application) that most updates and considerable progress take place only around the last few days/months. Hang in there. You'll get it!!
Thanks, that’s a big Hope

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
I called them today, and agent told me that all verification steps are complete, just final decision is pending. AOR Nov 18, 2020.
That is good news, my AOR is Nov 30, so I will give them a call in 2 weeks. Can you tell us your VO (visa office) and if you have any dependents?
That would help us a lot.

Reactions: Kaur Sekhon

Augustiner

Star Member
Aug 13, 2016
Same VO. That is good news for me, too.
I have 2 dependents, so it might be a slight difference. But it could make a lot longer. Let's see!
Thanks for your quick response. Keep us updates, please.

Reactions: Kaur Sekhon