CEC APPLICANTS - Nov 2020 *JOIN HERE *

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
I wish if the progress bar on our account page is more reflective of what is actually going on, or give us a more drilled down status of different stages on that page.
Exactly. If the updates are regular and reflect in the portal, nobody would be paranoid.

Reactions: amrit198828

HarmandeepSinghMaan

Mar 10, 2021
Interesting!! My status hasnt changed its been 2 weeks since i gave my biometrics.

Anyhow thank you.. Please keep us posted about any further updates.
I gave my biometrics on Dec 23rd 2020. The status still says "We have not received your fingerprints. Check your messages...." However, biometric number and date is updated in the application status. I submitted a webform with the screenshots of this in Jan 2020 and received an answer in Feb 2020 that we have received your documents and your application is under process. Nothing specifically mentioned about the biometrics though. As of March 10, 2020, the status is still the same.
Application submitted: Nov 13, 2020
AOR: Nov 13, 2020
BIL: Dec 18, 2020
Biometrics provided: Dec 23, 2020

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020
Based on some of the updates in the forums, VO Ottawa is approving a lot of CEC Aug applications. Inching closer to us folks!!!

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020
Given up on GCMS notes. Don't know when they'll come.

Called IRCC today.
Got the call back option in first attempt. I could call that "luck."

Highlights:
1. Status is the same compared to the last time I called (around 10 days back). Eligibility, Security- Not started | Criminality, Info Sharing- In progress | Medicals, biometrics- Completed | No ADR
2. Agent sounded extremely exhausted. I could sense from the conversation that some of these people are working really hard.
3. Agent stated politely that it's better not to have any expectations about the timeline. Admitted that it could take any random time because the whole system is messed up.
4. This is the second time I have called. Both times they have started notifying the details by saying that No ADR is required.
5. Even though I won't consider it official progress, I have to admit that they are doing some work for sure. I had only put my Canadian contact number in application. The agent today informed me of my Indian contact number (which was not shared anywhere) and I verified that the one they have is current and functioning. I guess they are certainly doing substantial background checks that is not always reflected.

I think the best we can do to stay away from this never-ending paranoia is to trust their workforce and keep our fingers crossed.

Sahil318

Sep 12, 2020
Hi Guys

I am an Outland Candidate but my ITA is under CEC since I have worked in Canada before, I see that IRCC is mostly focusing on Inland applications and are not issuing COPRs to outland candidates as the border is not open for us.

Do you think being a CEC applicant, i would have an edge in the processing times as compared to FSW outland candidates ( no offense to FSW-O, i hope this madness ends soon where everyone gets equal opportunity to enter Canada).

I Hope IRCC understands the consequences of not allowing approved PRs to enter the Country, as when they would allow in future, there is going to be huge influx of new PRs landing and thus a fight for jobs, slowing down the economy.

This is now good!!!!

jaskaran9356

Jan 5, 2021
Hi, guys got my PR today here is my timeline

CRS: 484
Upfront Medical: Nov 2
ITA: Nov 5
AOR: Nov 7
Biometrics: Upfront [Already given when extended visa in Feb]
Medical Passed: Dec 15
RCMP Criminal Record check request letter: Dec 15
Given fingerprints for RCMP: Dec 22
got and uploaded RCMP CRC: Jan 5
COPR: March 11

Narayan Mani

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
08-11-2020

Congrats!! Do you know your VO?

aji2020

Star Member
Jul 31, 2020

Congratulation buddy!!
May I ask your NOC code? Just to see if it comes under a prioritized job.
Also Inland with dependents?