+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

Cjpilla

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
I am not an expert however after 6 months chances of rejections are very less until they noticed something in the securities or some issues with your documentation that is impacting your score however, in that case also they will give chance to submit more supporting docs.

I also have foreign exp. do we have any other members in this group with foreign exp. and already received the COPR email?
I have a foreign experience and yet no updates on my application 6 mos and 6days already

haplo

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
I saw in other thread they count cec applicants who claimed points for foreign experience as fsw , is that true ??
I don’t think it’s true but If that’s true, we might wait indefinitely. They even don’t process cec applicants properly and in a just order, treated like a fsw means uncertainty forever.

apart from that, people try to make a reasonable correlation between applicant’s situation and approval time but I really believe that there is literally no correlation. It’s a total luck what kind of immigration officer looking at your docs.

Perhaps following things might effect your process;
1- being single vs family
2- Canadian vs foreign country graduation
3- number of travel and Address history
4- number of or the length of letter of explanations you wrote:)

Imagine, there is an applicant 24 years old, single ,without any travel history, came to Canada and graduated from a university then 1 year experience on pgwp. No letter of explanation needed. Simple and basic!

on the other hand, 37years old, married with 2 children and lots of travel and address history, 10 years of foreign experience with foreign country graduation, tons of pages of reference letters and bank statements and letter of explanations and spouse info etc...

the officer takes a look at your complicated application and tosses it somewhere to not to spend his/her time then looking for something easy to process.

Reactions: Dreamer 007

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Wife's younger sister application (single applicant, no kids, no husband)
CEC Outland:
AOR: May 11, 2021
Medicals passed: June 17, 2021
Ghost email: July 24, 2021
Portal access: Aug 28, 2021
Request to transfer file to local embassy (Vienna): Sept 4th, 2021
PPR: Sept 7th, 2021
CIC Portal: Application Approved Nov 3rd, 2021
COPR: Nov 9, 2021

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Wife's younger sister application (single applicant, no kids, no husband)
CEC Outland:
AOR: May 11, 2021
Medicals passed: June 17, 2021
Ghost email: July 24, 2021
Portal access: Aug 28, 2021
Request to transfer file to local embassy (Vienna): Sept 4th, 2021
PPR: Sept 7th, 2021
CIC Portal: Application Approved Nov 3rd, 2021
COPR: Nov 9, 2021
Congratulations
Why did you request transfer to the local office? Is it faster?

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Hi guys sorry I know this page is for CEC applications
But I just need quick help regarding sending my passport for TRV stamping in Ottawa

On the standred small envelope the one IRCC is going to return, do I have to write down thire address again or just my address?

Those who have done it before please answer
Thank you!

Kumar_2010

Sep 22, 2020
Hi guys sorry I know this page is for CEC applications
But I just need quick help regarding sending my passport for TRV stamping in Ottawa

On the standred small envelope the one IRCC is going to return, do I have to write down thire address again or just my address?

Those who have done it before please answer
Thank you!
Some old response from my attorney:

It is recommend that you purchase two prepaid Canada Post Xpresspost envelopes (Regional if you live in Ontario/Quebec; National for other provinces/territories), one letter-sized (318 x 241 mm) and the second standard-sized (260 x 159 mm), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
  • Complete the mailing label on the standard-sized envelope showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
  • Make a note of tracking numbers for both envelopes.
  • Enclose the standard-sized envelope in the letter-sized envelope along with your passport and a copy of the request letter showing your application number.
If you do not submit a return prepaid Xpresspost envelope or if you provide a return prepaid envelope from any other private courier, they will return your passport by regular mail.

BaileyAB

Star Member
Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
June 15, 2015
Doc's Request.
Not at all
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
June 15, 2015
IELTS Request
No
Med's Request
No
Med's Done....
June 3rd, 2015
Congratulations
Why did you request transfer to the local office? Is it faster?
She got access to Portal but portal is only for people who are present in Canada. She left Canada a year ago so the only logical step was to request a transfer to closest embassy to finish the process.

Vij_83

May 30, 2020
India
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi all,

My AOR is 07May2021 , CEC applicant. I was out of Canada when submitted my application in May2021. I received "medical pass" updates in june2021 and then no communications/updates till 1st Nov. I moved Canada in July2021 on WP and joined new employer. I submitted Webforms in July and Aug - to update my current contact details & address in Canada but no response.

On 1st Nov I received an email notification regarding a new message in my IRCC account. New message was an information letter. It says "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa...." ..." (B) If you are currently in Canada, you are not required to submit your passport and will be landed virtually. Please advise our office via webform within 5 days of receipt of this letter if you and/or any of your dependents are in Canada."
Since I am in Canada now, I only followed (B) steps i.e. submitted webform. After that no updates or email.

What should I do? Please advice.

Thanks

rituppaatteell

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I have a question.we are inland I have submitted my PR application with dependent (husband) on may 12 and we are still waiting for it. Is it possible my husband can fly backhome ? Or will my application will have problems ?