+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

Taran1994

Jun 5, 2019
The agent just called me and told me that my application hasn't been started. She nicely told me to wait for few weeks and be patient as the application are generally taking more processing time than usual due to COVID and backlog.
Okay thank you for update. Hope we get it soon.

Reactions: surajbgl
Jun 13, 2021
Hi there
I have a same day AOR(May 26th) as well! No update so far... I worry about my application.
I took a Upfront Medical exam end of March.
Let's me know when you guys get some update...

Sarah rachel

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi All,

Application submitted : May 8th, 2021
AOR: May 8th, 2021
Medicals passed : May 28th, 2021
Biometric invitation letter : May 28th, 2021 and gave biometrics on June 1st, 2021
After that no update.
I just called IRCC to get some update on my application. The lady who spoke to me said everything is passed only security check is pending.
My question is that I have already submitted my PCC what is this security check ? Has anyone had same kind of situation OR reply from IRCC?

Please advise. :>

Sarah

Reactions: luckyurang

smm_0411

Mar 5, 2016
AB
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi All,

Biometric invitation letter : May 28th, 2021 and gave biometrics on June 1st, 2021
After that no update.
I just called IRCC to get some update on my application. The lady who spoke to me said everything is passed only security check is pending.
My question is that I have already submitted my PCC what is this security check ? Has anyone had same kind of situation OR reply from IRCC?

Sarah
Your file is so fast...

AOR May 1st but as of yesterday, Eligibility & Criminality started.

What is your VO?

luckyurang

Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

After that no update.

Sarah
PCC is for criminality check not for security.

Reactions: Miss bee

luckyurang

Oct 26, 2018
Hi All,

After that no update.

Sarah
congratulations you are in IP2 stage, and pcc is required for criminality check which is you already passed.

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Hi All,

After that no update.

Sarah
Congrats! Your file is moving forward fast!
Was your background check status ever changed from "We are processing your background check" to "Your background check is in progress"? I've seen many people sharing in other thread about this pattern (background check changes from "processing" to "in progress" then to "processing" again), but mine has never changed so far. Making me a bit worried.