+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

vsh1008

Jun 15, 2021
Hi All,

Application submitted : May 8th, 2021
AOR: May 8th, 2021
Medicals passed : May 28th, 2021
Biometric invitation letter : May 28th, 2021 and gave biometrics on June 1st, 2021
After that no update.
I just called IRCC to get some update on my application. The lady who spoke to me said everything is passed only security check is pending.
My question is that I have already submitted my PCC what is this security check ? Has anyone had same kind of situation OR reply from IRCC?

Please advise. :>

Sarah
Hi ,

Myself having same status. When i checked with others one got this security cleared in 3 days while it took 10-15 days for others. Probably you should receive a final status by end of this month as this is the final step.

Sarah rachel

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Congrats! Your file is moving forward fast!
Was your background check status ever changed from "We are processing your background check" to "Your background check is in progress"? I've seen many people sharing in other thread about this pattern (background check changes from "processing" to "in progress" then to "processing" again), but mine has never changed so far. Making me a bit worried.
Nooo it still says we are processing

Taran1994

Jun 5, 2019
yeah buddy wait , you should get updates within next 4-5 days. I am saying this because my AOR was 10th May and today only got medical pass update in profile (no email, directly checked in IRCC profile). so sit tight, hopefully you get medical update in next few days.
Thanks for ur reply. Hopefully will get it soon.

HJK00

Jun 1, 2021
Hi guys!
I really have an urgent matter related to my PR process.. please anyone has an idea.. please please share it with me…….!!!

My company has been trying survive since last year Covid happened. We are trying to keep our business alive for all employees, however, covid is keep going so long….
Our company decides lay off all employees temporally, maybe the end of June….
Our company will issue a letter to explain such as the company situation and laid off temporally, once it gets back to normal, they will contact us to rejoin the team, blah blah…
If the situation is really happened, what should I do?? My PR application has 50 points from my LMIA with closed work permit… Do I need to update IRCC via webform my job situation…?? Or just withdraw and restart my application…??

Anyone has any idea, please Please share it with me….

I really appreciate your advice

Hi guys,

I would like to ask you guys' advice about my application.
Today I called IRCC to get to know about my application status.

The IRCC agent confirmed that
My visa office is Sydney
Medical and Criminality is passed on May 31, 2021 (No biometrics needed).
Need to wait for Eligibility and Seurity check for the final decision.

Do you guys think this is a good moving steps for my PR to get it soon?

Thank you!

canto

Jun 4, 2021
Hi guys!
I really have an urgent matter related to my PR process.. please anyone has an idea.. please please share it with me…….!!!

My company has been trying survive since last year Covid happened. We are trying to keep our business alive for all employees, however, covid is keep going so long….
Our company decides lay off all employees temporally, maybe the end of June….
Our company will issue a letter to explain such as the company situation and laid off temporally, once it gets back to normal, they will contact us to rejoin the team, blah blah…
If the situation is really happened, what should I do?? My PR application has 50 points from my LMIA with closed work permit… Do I need to update IRCC via webform my job situation…?? Or just withdraw and restart my application…??

Anyone has any idea, please Please share it with me….

I really appreciate your advice
Hi, First of all I would like to say that I’m not an expert but a friend is having the same situation, exactly as yours.. and his lawyer told that since is “temporarily” you don’t need to do anything.. it’s like a pause only, you have applied already with the correct info at that time so everything that happens next since you were not the one deciding it’s not your fault. Maybe they will inform them but you are not fired just temporary laid off and you are not getting any points for these working months so.. (your points are the same) I think should be fine you will return to work unless they fire you or if you quit then thats another story and in that case for sure you need to change your work permit, let them know everything, etc.. but as I mentioned I’m not an expert just I comment based on people who is having exactly the same thing going on.. apparently it’s very common during covid those temporary laid offs and I’ve heard a lot that sometimes unfortunately while applications are being processed. Do you have an idea how long will last? It’s legal under your contract ?
good luck, regards

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
No updates so far, the last update for me was 11 June where my BC changed to In progress. What about you guys? What do you think about the possible processing levels we are facing right now? I think some with May AOR will start to receive portal emails soon, maybe in 2 weeks, I hope.

Reactions: Nimma007

Nimma007

May 13, 2021
No updates so far, the last update for me was 11 June where my BC changed to In progress. What about you guys? What do you think about the possible processing levels we are facing right now? I think some with May AOR will start to receive portal emails soon, maybe in 2 weeks, I hope.
Hi my Aor 8 may and then 8 june BIL and medical PASS ..10 june update biometric on application..
Now shwing background check !!!

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Hi my Aor 8 may and then 8 june BIL and medical PASS ..10 june update biometric on application..
Now shwing background check !!!
What is showing in background check? In progress or we are processing ?

HJK00

Jun 1, 2021
Hi, First of all I would like to say that I’m not an expert but a friend is having the same situation, exactly as yours.. and his lawyer told that since is “temporarily” you don’t need to do anything.. it’s like a pause only, you have applied already with the correct info at that time so everything that happens next since you were not the one deciding it’s not your fault. Maybe they will inform them but you are not fired just temporary laid off and you are not getting any points for these working months so.. (your points are the same) I think should be fine you will return to work unless they fire you or if you quit then thats another story and in that case for sure you need to change your work permit, let them know everything, etc.. but as I mentioned I’m not an expert just I comment based on people who is having exactly the same thing going on.. apparently it’s very common during covid those temporary laid offs and I’ve heard a lot that sometimes unfortunately while applications are being processed. Do you have an idea how long will last? It’s legal under your contract ?
good luck, regards
I truly appreciate your kindness sharing the info from your friend’s situation.. indeed!!
I don’t know how long will last yet, as the meaning of temporally, it could be from few days to months..
If you don’t mind, can I ask a more question? After Your friend got laid off temporally, does the friend apply any government benefits?
Haha.. as you know, the money is also important to survive during the period so…
If you know, please kindly share it with me.
I also wonder how’s the friend’s processing going.. hopefully your friend is totally okay so far.
Once again, I really thank you for your response.

Jun 13, 2021
I truly appreciate your kindness sharing the info from your friend’s situation.. indeed!!
I don’t know how long will last yet, as the meaning of temporally, it could be from few days to months..
If you don’t mind, can I ask a more question? After Your friend got laid off temporally, does the friend apply any government benefits?
Haha.. as you know, the money is also important to survive during the period so…
If you know, please kindly share it with me.
I also wonder how’s the friend’s processing going.. hopefully your friend is totally okay so far.
Once again, I really thank you for your response.
Hi there, I think your situation is almost same for me. I have been working at a restaurant. But as you know, Ontario is not allowed to open for indoor dining since Oct 2020. My lawyer said the government understand temporary lay off and getting EI. Temporary is okay!! Do not worry about it! It is better to safe that you can attend a meeting sometime at your workplace though... I am attending a meeting sometime and mentioned about it on job offer letter.
But just be careful, if it is permanently closed, you lose 50points and you have to re-apply one more time. I hope your business reopens soon!!

Sahil C Patel

Jun 4, 2021
I have quick question
I’m planning to go usa for couple of weeks in july.
And CEC application is in process AOR june 8
Bil not requested yet
Is leaving the country is good idea?
I’m just worried that is it gonna delay my application?

HJK00

Jun 1, 2021
Hi there, I think your situation is almost same for me. I have been working at a restaurant. But as you know, Ontario is not allowed to open for indoor dining since Oct 2020. My lawyer said the government understand temporary lay off and getting EI. Temporary is okay!! Do not worry about it! It is better to safe that you can attend a meeting sometime at your workplace though... I am attending a meeting sometime and mentioned about it on job offer letter.
But just be careful, if it is permanently closed, you lose 50points and you have to re-apply one more time. I hope your business reopens soon!!
I really really appreciate your kindness sharing your experience with me..!!

Can I ask a question? Did you update CIC(IRCC) saying you are temporally laid off due to Covid?
I hope everything is going to be better, but not soon as all the circunstances..
Once again here, I really thank you for your response.