+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I have applied twice for CBSA notes, but have have not got anything back yet. Have you?
It has been 25 days since I did through ATIP portal, and 20 days since I did through the private getgcms page.
In another 15 days I will know if either works.

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Any thoughts why your application fell under the comprehensive security screening?
It could be due to my Chinese background and my major of Microelectronics. After I graduated with PhD, I worked in China for 9 year and in Denmark for 1 year. These factors definitely could trigue comprehensive check. I got note from CSIS, showing they have concluded my case in March 2022, and sent the report to CBSA. I don't know why CBSA takes such a long time to process it. I got many notes from CBSA, and they are processing my case since July, 2021. I have worked in Canada for over 4 years. The scenario doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Peace2023

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
It could be due to my Chinese background and my major of Microelectronics. After I graduated with PhD, I worked in China for 9 year and in Denmark for 1 year. These factors definitely could trigue comprehensive check. I got note from CSIS, showing they have concluded my case in March 2022, and sent the report to CBSA. I don't know why CBSA takes such a long time to process it. I got many notes from CBSA, and they are processing my case since July, 2021. I have worked in Canada for over 4 years. The scenario doesn't make sense.
Did the CBSA notes give any info regarding why they are taking long time to process it?
Are they currently working on it? or was it last touched many months ago?

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Did the CBSA notes give any info regarding why they are taking long time to process it?
Are they currently working on it? or was it last touched many months ago?
We can not reach out CBSA, I called IRCC and was informed that everything is fine and the security progress is in progress. The processing is very longer than most inland CEC, I am very stressed and depressed, and then today I submitted a Writ of Mandamus to the Federal Court. It cost a lot but I have no other options. Let's see.
Really apprecaite your attention and questions.

Reactions: athi_prakash

achebe8190

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hey, that’s absolutely crazy that it’s been taking so long. I just checked the processing times for CEC and it shows 4 months… https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html I think that’s because they’re prioritizing the new cases and since the old ones were already taking long they’re not really making them a priority. Has everyone going through this tried to speak with the IRCC about this? You definitely can complain, it’s been way past the processing time

ZXL

Apr 8, 2022
Hey, that’s absolutely crazy that it’s been taking so long. I just checked the processing times for CEC and it shows 4 months… https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html I think that’s because they’re prioritizing the new cases and since the old ones were already taking long they’re not really making them a priority. Has everyone going through this tried to speak with the IRCC about this? You definitely can complain, it’s been way past the processing time
I have spoken to them, complained for many times. They just told me to be more patient.... sucks.