+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hi, I got a request letter asking me to either submit my passport or let them know if I'm in Canada. I let them know I was in Canada via the webform. Curious of the timeline from here. Is this normal to receivesuch a letter?
Why did you not reply the email instead of sending webform

Julie1985

Star Member
Aug 3, 2021
Hello people! My torture has just ended. I sincerely hope I'm the last one this thread.

AOR - May 6, 2021
Medical (1) Pass - May 21, 2021
Medical (2) Pass - June 30, 2022
Eligibility was under review required - from May 26, 2021 to Nov 10, 2021 (due to a stupid mistake on my job letter by HR)
All other (criminality/info sharing) - Nov 16, 2021

I had to leave Canada b/c my passport expired on Jun 27, 2021, in meantime my work permit also expired so couldn't do bridging work permit. Came back to Canada on Aug 31, 2022.

Portal email - Feb 3, 2023.

If you ever in similar situation (passport expired, WP expired, PR stuck in the red tape) and want more details from me - don't hesitate messaging me.
I have been through this and this forum helped me a lot.
Good luck

Reactions: iamrfmas

sop22

Nov 10, 2022
What's the hold? Did you connect with an agent and ask to expediate? Processing time for CEC has reduced to 16 months now
They are doing my security verifications. I have been ching with ircc and they tell me that everyyhing is done just secutity verifications are left. Please suggest

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
They are doing my security verifications. I have been ching with ircc and they tell me that everyyhing is done just secutity verifications are left. Please suggest
Did you live in multiple countries or any difficult to screen country?
You can try getting a CBSA notes, similar to GCMS, for more information.
Alternatively you can proceed legaly with a mandamus.

sop22

Nov 10, 2022
Did you live in multiple countries or any difficult to screen country?
You can try getting a CBSA notes, similar to GCMS, for more information.
Alternatively you can proceed legaly with a mandamus.
I have travelled to england and irelend for a short period of time but my husband has a been travelling alot to different countries. I assume that might be causing delay. I have applied for cbsa notes, have not reveived anything from them yet

athi_prakash

Star Member
Aug 29, 2022
I have travelled to england and irelend for a short period of time but my husband has a been travelling alot to different countries. I assume that might be causing delay. I have applied for cbsa notes, have not reveived anything from them yet
Probably thats the reason for delay in security screening.
Hope CBSA notes gives some information and you get the PR soon.

I have also travelled to few countries and have lived in India, Ghana, Nigeria and USA. My application also seems to be stuck at security screening. I just applied for CBSA notes.