+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - MAY 2021 - timeline & updates

Fields4

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys,

I need your help here. My work permit is expiring on May 6th and I just applied for my BWOP today. Basically 2 days before. My mistake I dragged it till the last moment. But, good thing I applied before 24 hours of expiration.

My question is, during the process there was one form under optional documents which is IMM5257 for temporary resident visa made outside Canada. I don't know if I has to fill that one out or not. So I didn't attach that form as I wasn't sure.

Please let me know if I have to fill that out and send it or not. Would really appreciate your help.
Thank you

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
One year, was May 12th, been trying to call but can never speak to anyone.
i contacted a local mp and they said they will reach out to the ircc on my behalf. it's worth a shot. couldn't get through to the ircc agents no matter what, webforms have been unanswered since january and they keep talking about afghanistan and ukraine and there's always going to be some new excuse

Cjpilla

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
I got an update that i need to do another medical.. is this a sign that they are already working for my file after a year of no update