+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Mar. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

evilskater

Star Member
Jul 15, 2012
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Thats all the emails says? My AOR is April 22. Did not get any. I imagined you have not received BIL yet?
Nope.. see below:

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: myemail@something.com

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Nope.. see below:

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: myemail@something.com

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.
Yes, I see lots of people are getting these generic emails.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
I am not sure but seems like biometric process may take another 5-6 months before we get our turns with current people in queue. Not sure why IRCC is in taking applications when biometric is not possible.

moody16

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018
I have applied for EE under CEC in late march 2020. I got a bio-metrics instructions letter today. Apperantly all Service Canada offices are currently closed until further notice. The POE dont really do it unless your crossing a border (I phoned in today and that's what they told me).

Any idea how to give biometerics right now? Or there is no option until Service Canada re opens?

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
This is the issue they are sending letters and not clear when you will get it done. So just wait

Reactions: moody16

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Even I received two emails saying IRCC is working on my application today morning.
But later today, I received BIL, and status bar appeared in the profile with 32% completion.

Waiting for Service Canada to open the biometrics appointments.

fssq

Jan 8, 2020
Same, waiting for biometrics collection. I received the letter in April and it asks me to finish it before July 16.

I'm wondering if I should ask to extend my deadline now.

Anyone has the same issue? Please let me know what to do o_O

My progress is around 45% but I guess it's just automatically calculated based on estimated finish time.

ncrohith

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-04-2020
Same, waiting for biometrics collection. I received the letter in April and it asks me to finish it before July 16.

I'm wondering if I should ask to extend my deadline now.

Anyone has the same issue? Please let me know what to do o_O

My progress is around 45% but I guess it's just automatically calculated based on estimated finish time.
Almost everyone is waiting for Biometrics appointment.
It looks like IRCC now extended the BIL validity until collection centers are open. 30 or 90 days mentioned in the letter doesn't matter.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/biometrics.html#automatic

Reactions: fssq

Jonni

Apr 14, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
10-04-2020
Med's Done....
07-04-2020
Hello,

Just received on update on my application.

Medical passed
Biometrics requested
RCMP with Fingerprints requested...

Anyone done a RCMP? I am not sure how and where to do this!

Reactions: Walle_007

Walle_007

Aug 8, 2019
Hello,

Just received on update on my application.

Medical passed
Biometrics requested
RCMP with Fingerprints requested...

Anyone done a RCMP? I am not sure how and where to do this!
Its Canadain police clearance certificate called RCMP by fingerprint. You will it get done from police service desk. Usually takes a week.