+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - July 23 *JOIN HERE*

junro

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi guys! Any idea if theres going to be CEC specific draw in the coming days? Just want to ask for some insights. Thanks.

dgeorge

Feb 2, 2020
Your only exempt if you have lived in Canada for 10 years.
Have a question. I’ve lived in Canada for the last 5 years ever since I was 18 years old. I don’t need to provide Police cert right. Since I was living somewhere else before 18 it’s not required as per my knowledge. Just confirming

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Have a question. I’ve lived in Canada for the last 5 years ever since I was 18 years old. I don’t need to provide Police cert right. Since I was living somewhere else before 18 it’s not required as per my knowledge. Just confirming
Then you don't need a police certificate from your home country.

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
I got an ITA and to submit the e-APR the system says i need a police certificate from my country of origin. okay, so it's been 7 years I live in Canada and I have a police certificate from my country of origin from 2013. The last time i lived in my country of origin for more than 6 months in a row was before 2013. Do I need to submit a new police certificate or the one I have is enough?

the section about police certificates here says that even if expiry date is passed it is accepted if it was issued after i have been living in that country for 6 months in a row: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
I got an ITA and to submit the e-APR the system says i need a police certificate from my country of origin. okay, so it's been 7 years I live in Canada and I have a police certificate from my country of origin from 2013. The last time i lived in my country of origin for more than 6 months in a row was before 2013. Do I need to submit a new police certificate or the one I have is enough?

the section about police certificates here says that even if expiry date is passed it is accepted if it was issued after i have been living in that country for 6 months in a row: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
Hi
The most common reason of rejections are PCC. Its better to obtain one from your home country i also came in 2014 after that i only went 1 time for 1 month only but i obtained 2 PCC once from birth to date when i come to canada and second for birth to day i came back to after vacation

Klopo

Jul 16, 2020
Hi
The most common reason of rejections are PCC. Its better to obtain one from your home country i also came in 2014 after that i only went 1 time for 1 month only but i obtained 2 PCC once from birth to date when i come to canada and second for birth to day i came back to after vacation
Yah in normal circumstances i would definitely get a new one. But with the covid thing it's hard to get things done. According to the description on the IRCC website it says clearly that they would accept an expired pcc if it was from a date after i last lived for more than 6 months in that country. I wanted to see if someone had the same experience

Joshk1987

Jul 29, 2020
Hi All,
I have just submitted my PR application under CEC category. under Education category do we need to submit our IELTS report plus WES Report. I did submit my application without uploading IELTS plus WES report. Please advice. Thanks

jp2020

Jul 30, 2020
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-08-2020
Med's Done....
02-10-2020
Hi All,
I have just submitted my PR application under CEC category. under Education category do we need to submit our IELTS report plus WES Report. I did submit my application without uploading IELTS plus WES report. Please advice. Thanks
Depends on the officer. They might request WES/IELTS at a later date, but don't you worry about it now. They have both reference numbers in your application.

Jul 28, 2020

I have a similar case. I sent an Inquiry to CIC before applying but the answer wasn't convinving.
I last lived in my home country for more than 6 months in 2017 and I have a pcc done in early 2019 before I moved to Canada in the same year. I still went ahead and applied for the PR with the 2019 PCC. I'll update if I get any update.