+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

RACHIT80

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
hello all, i am planning to apply for bowp, aor-28 jan 2020, open work permit is expiring in july 2020. do i need anything from employer to apply for bowp?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
I believe CIC is not going to close any applications during this crisis. So dont expect any updates.

visupreddy

Feb 4, 2020
I believe CIC is not going to close any applications during this crisis. So dont expect any updates.
This is a request to help me or provide proper guidance please?
I am having one year Canadian experience and my closed work permit will expire in July 2020. I haven't got enough score in IELTS (not 6 in all) to submit and create EE profile. IELTS test centers are closed until first week of May so I cannot improve my score for next one month.
Many people suggested to submit AINP application via paper based and get nomination letter to extend or apply Bridging open work permit. I heard it takes 12 - 18 months to get nomination letter via paper based application. Also, if I choose paper based AINP then I should submit PR application via paper based only. Can I extend/apply work permit using AINP file number? If yes, what are the changes of getting approved?
Do you think is there any way/process to extend my work permit other than getting new LMIA from employer at this stage?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
do you think they are still processing though? I have completed all my requirements and am just waiting and my last 15 weeks.
The process is ongoing, but they will not close or refuse the application. Hence, any updates are unlikely

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Guys!

Good Morning! Anyone is planning to get an update through Web-form?

Last edited:

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Hi Guys

Hope you are all safe client support center is open again.

I requested status update yesterday thru webform and my status for ADR changed from not applicable to we are reviewing the additional documents you provided. I think webform triggers them and they will look at your application. I might be wrong but just my opinion.

have a great day you guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Loren27

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
HI Guys,

I got the following Reply today from IRCC.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The background verifications are currently valid.

· The security background verification is currently valid.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Reactions: Loren27

IceD.

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
HI Guys,

I got the following Reply today from IRCC.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

· The background verifications are currently valid.

· The security background verification is currently valid.

· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

· The medical examination results on file are valid.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.
What's your AOR, Medical passed date, and Biometrics date? I'd like to see if we are similar. My Medical is Feb 10 and Biometrics Feb 18.