+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Jan 2020 *JOIN HERE*

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Is biometrics and RCMP criminal records check same thing ? I got requested for RCMP criminal record check yesterday

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
Is biometrics and RCMP criminal records check same thing ? I got requested for RCMP criminal record check yesterday
Nope two different things, everyone has to do biometrics, but not everyone has to submit RCMP criminal record, RCMP criminal record is technically your police cert for the time you spend in Canada. There is tons of information about that on this forum, apparently its not hard to get one either that of course you don't have any criminal history in Canada.

Loren27

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hello Guys,
Application Submitted: Jan 14
Profile updated:16% completed
Biometrics Request: not yet received
Estimated application completion date is July 14, 2020

Any idea what is the estimated for biometrics request and medical update?
Do you have AOR?

Last edited:

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Nope two different things, everyone has to do biometrics, but not everyone has to submit RCMP criminal record, RCMP criminal record is technically your police cert for the time you spend in Canada. There is tons of information about that on this forum, apparently its not hard to get one either that of course you don't have any criminal history in Canada.
I don’t know why they asked me to do it is there any reason for it ?

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
I don’t know why they asked me to do it is there any reason for it ?
Definitely a reason, it could be that there is someone with same name or something similar with red flag, so they just want to make sure. I wouldn't worry about it.

AshRK

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
Apologies if this question has already been asked. I meet the criteria for CEC but not FST/FSW. My crs is 471, would I still get an invite today?

vvidoushi

Aug 31, 2017
I submitted my family form and now the Additional Documents Required changed to Not Applicable.
What does this mean?

Here is an update:

Review of eligibility:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results:
February 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents:
Not applicable.
Interview:
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics:
February 7, 2020 Completed.
Background check:
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Pnay16

Feb 20, 2020
Applied for bringing open work permit on paper July 17 2019. My PGWP expired on July19 2019

Called cic , they mentioned the volume of applications and so it is going to be delayed

Got ITA on December

kept on working even after 3 months

got my permit approved Jan 3 2020

Applied for PR online during that time , Waiting now .

Please post on this thread for any doubts or questions.
Hi,

I just wanted to clarify, I am under post graduate work permit too. So you mean you were able to apply for bridging work permit even without PR application submitted?

Thanks.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
AOR on Jan 24, 2020, my medical passed on Feb 17 and the same day I was requested for biometrics and RCMP criminal record check
Could you share list of documents you uploaded. I just wanted to know if there is something different about your case or not. Maybe a bit background info too if you don't mind.

BK1993

Feb 7, 2020
Could you share list of documents you uploaded. I just wanted to know if there is something different about your case or not. Maybe a bit background info too if you don't mind.
The documents I submitted are as follows,

Canadian Job offer letter
Reference letter
Pay subs for 12 months
T4
Reference letter for my Work experience from home country
Underground and my masters transcript and degree certificate
IELTS score card
Upfront medical
Police clearance from home country
Letter of explanation
My house got robbed last year and so my passport and supporting documents were stolen
So I uploaded both my new passport, old passport and study permit, work permit
I have also submitted my biometrics on the 20th February.