+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC applicants & Int'l Students - Are you being scammed by CIC?

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
kushari said:
Yeah, We're lucky they even give us the chance to become Canadian. Look at how hard it is to get an American or any other first world country citizenship. I would say you should be happy. If they made it too easy, guess what, you probably wouldn't even get it anytime soon.

Kushari is right on the money, 100%
Infoseeker should stop complaining and take it as it is.

Madeeha Ali

Dec 13, 2012
Hello, Please i am in a big trouble. I have applied for student visa. My consultant has charged only 20,000 rupees. I am intelligent and gold medalist of this session from punjab university and got 7.5 band in ielts. I was just wondering if the fee charges are o.k or not??? means people in lahore are paying tooo much for consultancy services nowadays.
if any one has any idea regarding the consultation fees please please please do let me know

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Madeeha Ali said:
Hello, Please i am in a big trouble. I have applied for student visa. My consultant has charged only 20,000 rupees. I am intelligent and gold medalist of this session from punjab university and got 7.5 band in ielts. I was just wondering if the fee charges are o.k or not??? means people in lahore are paying tooo much for consultancy services nowadays.
if any one has any idea regarding the consultation fees please please please do let me know
Madeeha - you say that you are a gold medalist and you've got 7.5 in IELTS. I'm confident that you can fill all the applications yourself. There is an instruction guide which helps you to understand if you happen to stuck at any single question or the meaning of some terminology. Plus, you can always come on this site there are lot of friendly people who can help you to complete your application. (except ihabkal or i call him iHab-kaboob guy and the kushari guy - they are friendly too, but just stressed out for different personal reasons:)

Having said that, the money you have paid is still a good deal. 20,000 pakistani rupees means $200 Canadian dollar. Most consultants charge anywhere from $500-$1000. So you've paid lesser than the consultants usually charge here. On the other hand, you shouldn't have paid a cent. All the applications are really simple and you can apply it all by yourself. All the best.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Ya Kushari Bashaaa..

When you apply for immigration and you come to this country, you are a client who is paying for all the services in the form of tax and fees, just like you would pay at any HOTEL to get an accommodation. Ofcourse, the service provider has the right to deny you the service for any reason. Yet, you as a client has a right to demand better service. Just like when you are checking out, or few days after you've checked out the hotel may send you a smiley face card to know how they have done to satisfy you and what more they could do. In our case, we dont get that smiley face card. We have to be proactive and do this work ourself to inform the service providers i.e., CIC.

Its either the slave mentality or lazy approach to simply accept whatever is being dished out to you and be happy and quiet. This is literally what some guys have said here. And this is completely opposite to what western values stand for, challenge current ideas, innovation, creativity and continuous improvement. All of this cannot be done unless you examine, discuss and gather info about the current system and its issues. So you are immigrating to Canada with your lazy approach and old ways of doing things?

Thats why when my dear friend "iHabKaboob" or ihabkal becomes critical of this post, i understand where he is coming from. Its the usual immigrant mentality of seeing government as formidabble creatures infront of whom we cant say anything. And then these are the same people who criticize everything yet, wont budge an inch or use a single brain cells to think over improving the current system. Ofcourse no one is asking to protest on Tahrir Squre (or well Dundas Square?) NO iHabKab. This is West. You can stand straight and yes you can think. Remeber, "YES WE CAN!"??. Everyone of us, who is legal and pays taxes here has the right to include their say in the system. Together we can improve the system for ourselves and for others to come.

But ofcoruse, if iHab-Kab wants to befriends with system abusers, nothing much can be done. Its ok dude, you are free to choose anyone you want. Just be tolerant! ;)

kushari said:
Yeah, We're lucky they even give us the chance to become Canadian. Look at how hard it is to get an American or any other first world country citizenship. I would say you should be happy. If they made it too easy, guess what, you probably wouldn't even get it anytime soon.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
No you are very wrong. You have the mentality that they owe you something like you are a walking god or something. They don't owe you anything and if you think like that why are you even applying? Slave mentality? You're really going too far, you are not entitled to anything.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
Kushari,
If I were you I would not respond to him and stop this fruitless discussion, let's save our time for important things in our lives.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
True.

Edit: Also my old ways? I'm 25 dude. I'm a hard worker and always try to do new things and try to improve myself and honestly I don't even need to share that with you, because seriously who are you? Also it seems like you speak arabic from what you wrote me and I know the typical arab mentality. So it sounds like you are the one who is stuck in their old ways. If you don't like the short processing time of Canada why are you here? Try getting an American citizenship, it will take over 10 years, and that's if you're lucky. That's the typical arab mentality of I deserve to have everything and do nothing, people like you is the reason I'm in Canada and getting my citizenship.

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I am taking my notification OFF this Post..its meaningless..bye

shells

Nov 14, 2012
Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2012
AOR Received.
04-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent Together
File Transfer...
04-09-2012
Calgary_Man said:
I am taking my notification OFF this Post..its meaningless..bye
Fully agreed. Meaningless + Stupidity = Reason for Speechlessness. ;D

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
READ THIS: http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

In the FSW section of this forum, people are excited and joining hands to take a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against CIC's decision to terminate FSW applications made prior to Feb 2008. They are challenging the government's decision.

Though this is being led by a group of lawyers, but the initiative came from their clients, people like you and me who had applied for immigration, FSW stream in their case, and waited and waited...and waited just to know that their application is being returned. I'm so glad those applicants felt strong enough that injustice was done to them and started talking about it to their lawyers. That's how the snowball effect takes place. You make small moves, gain the momentum before you can make mountains move. Now their lawyers are taking it to court, but its the applicants who told them that there is something wrong about this decision.

This is the way things move forward, changes are made and lives are made better and easier for others.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
Yeah you're really getting out of hand. Just to let you know, I've never been denied a visa in my life. You are the one who is being negative. If all the people in here are complaining about you, it's you it isn't everyone else that is negative. Let's just recap. You came in here complaining about immigration even though you are doing it. Then anyone that tells you that you're just being rude and too harsh is a negative person who wants to go to tahrir square? Bye.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
InfoSeeker12 said:
READ THIS: http://www.cicnews.com/2012/07/case-federal-skilled-worker-backlog-reduction-071663.html

In the FSW section of this forum, people are excited and joining hands to take a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against CIC's decision to terminate FSW applications made prior to Feb 2008. They are challenging the government's decision.

Though this is being led by a group of lawyers, but the initiative came from their clients, people like you and me who had applied for immigration, FSW stream in their case, and waited and waited...and waited just to know that their application is being returned. I'm so glad those applicants felt strong enough that injustice was done to them and started talking about it to their lawyers. That's how the snowball effect takes place. You make small moves, gain the momentum before you can make mountains move. Now their lawyers are taking it to court, but its the applicants who told them that there is something wrong about this decision.

This is the way things move forward, changes are made and lives are made better and easier for others.
Yeah, that's because they terminated the applications, not took a few months to process, big difference.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
I'm so glad that my wish became a reality:

Great news for CEC Applicants - OPEN Work Permits now availablehttp://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/great-news-for-cec-applicants-open-work-permits-now-available-t128526.0.html

Open Work Permits for applicants waiting for their PR applications in Canada. www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/open-work-permit-for-cec-applicants-t128643.0.html;msg1960577#msg1960577

Congrats to everyone who will be able to make use of the new open work permit policy.