+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants- Few Important Queries

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi everyone- I am about to complete my one year full-time, paid work requirement in Canada (i.e. early next year). I have some quick queries. I would greatly appreciate if someone could share their experience.

Queries:

1- Should I wait for additional two weeks before I make an express entry profile? I have worked with the same organization under an open work permit, last year for four weeks, could that be included?

2- I have a Masters degree from Canada, and a bachelors from abroad. Should I get a foreign credentials assessment certificate, would it make any difference at all or like get me more points? Or do they not even count it, if one has a Canadian degree?

3- I work as a Policy and Research Analyst, what do I need for meeting the NOC requirements? The main duties seemed to be quite general, so I am not sure what and how to meet these in my work letter? I mainly do research, policy research, report writing, and participate in some consultations. I am so worried about this one.

Can someone please help? It all seems too daunting right now. I am also yet to write my IELTS exam. Really appreciate it.

Best,
Bend

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi everyone- I am about to complete my one year full-time, paid work requirement in Canada (i.e. early next year). I have some quick queries. I would greatly appreciate if someone could share their experience.

Queries:

1- Should I wait for additional two weeks before I make an express entry profile? I have worked with the same organization under an open work permit, last year for four weeks, could that be included?

2- I have a Masters degree from Canada, and a bachelors from abroad. Should I get a foreign credentials assessment certificate, would it make any difference at all or like get me more points? Or do they not even count it, if one has a Canadian degree?

3- I work as a Policy and Research Analyst, what do I need for meeting the NOC requirements? The main duties seemed to be quite general, so I am not sure what and how to meet these in my work letter? I mainly do research, policy research, report writing, and participate in some consultations. I am so worried about this one.

Can someone please help? It all seems too daunting right now. I am also yet to write my IELTS exam. Really appreciate it.

Best,
Bend
- you can create now
- Master is the highest degree which will fetch you the max points. you do need your bachelors to be evaluated
- I did not understand query# 3 maybe someone else can point it out

Reactions: Bend

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi bimale4bipeople, really appreciate your quick response. If possible, can you please tell me the process for getting the foreign credentials evaluated?

And is this like mandatory or an option to gain some extra points? As, I thought the CRS system awards points based on a foreign assessment certificate or a Canadian post graduate degree.

Referred sources:

<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=990&top=29>.

Once again, thank you for your help! Really appreciate it.

Best,
Bend

Last edited:

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi bimale4bipeople, really appreciate your quick response. If possible, can you please tell me the process for getting the foreign credentials evaluated?

And is this like mandatory or an option to gain some extra points? As, I thought the CRS system awards points based on a foreign assessment certificate or a Canadian post graduate degree.

Referred sources:

<http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=990&top=29>.

Once again, thank you for your help! Really appreciate it.

Best,
Bend
Take a look at this...

You get points only for your Masters degree. If you had 2 bachelors degree then you getting your non Canadian degree would have made sense...
For many candidates the Masters or PG degrees obtained from non Canadian institutions at times are evaluated as Bachelor degree of 4 or more years, for them getting the bachelors degree makes a lot of sense, because they can claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees".

If you still want to pursue evaluating it, you can look at WES: https://www.wes.org/ca/eca/

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Noted. Thank you for this, Bimale. So sorry if I was not clear before, I was just concerned if I could get it done in time, if I had to. If it helps, then I would have.

What I gathered from their website is that I do not need to get it evaluated, and in any case only Masters would be counted, right? My Masters is from Canada.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Noted. Thank you for this, Bimale. So sorry if I was not clear before, I was just concerned if I could get it done in time, if I had to. If it helps, then I would have.

What I gathered from their website is that I do not need to get it evaluated, and in any case only Masters would be counted, right? My Masters is from Canada.
Yes your Masters would be only counted and since your Masters is from Canada you do not need it to be assessed.

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Hi guys, important queries- If I don’t get my bachelors assessed, as I have Masters from Canada. Then:

1-Do I include bachelors in education or personal history? I read on the forum that someone’s application got cancelled for including a bachelors degree in the education history without an ECA? Has someone faced issues because of that?

2- If I don’t get an ECA for bachelors, then how do the skill transferability points work?

Can someone please look into these.

Thank you.

Best,
Bend

Bend

Jun 25, 2013
Bumping into this thread for any clarifications and/or answers. I would really appreciate if someone could answer this please!

Best,
Bend

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi guys, important queries- If I don’t get my bachelors assessed, as I have Masters from Canada. Then:

1-Do I include bachelors in education or personal history? I read on the forum that someone’s application got cancelled for including a bachelors degree in the education history without an ECA? Has someone faced issues because of that?

2- If I don’t get an ECA for bachelors, then how do the skill transferability points work?

Can someone please look into these.

Thank you.

Best,
Bend
You should include the bachelors in the personal history as there is no need to get ECA for it because of your Masters.

Septimus32

Jun 17, 2016
You should include the bachelors in the personal history as there is no need to get ECA for it because of your Masters.
Hi, Could you please clarify this small point regarding the below:
1) Have two bachelors from overseas universities.
2) Have two Diplomas (43 weeks/1 year each) from Canadian colleges
Which of the above will fetch me higher scores/points? Please advise. Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi, Could you please clarify this small point regarding the below:
1) Have two bachelors from overseas universities.
2) Have two Diplomas (43 weeks/1 year each) from Canadian colleges
Which of the above will fetch me higher scores/points? Please advise. Thanks
Two or more degrees provided you can get the ECA done

Reactions: Septimus32

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Are we sure we will get skill transferability points because it says ....

"Two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

Masters is only ONE degree.. isn't it?