+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Feb. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
IRCC contacted us (via the lawyer) today - more than one year and two months since our inland application was submitted. The whole family has to go for medical within 30 days. They also want our travel history AGAIN.

This is ridiculous. How is it our fault that IRCC delayed our application until medical expired? And we have to pay again for the medicals all over again.

Last edited:

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
IRCC contacted us (via the layer) today - more than one year and two months since our inland application was submitted. The whole family has to go for medical within 30 days. They also want our travel history AGAIN.

This is ridiculous. How is it our fault that IRCC delayed our application until medical expired? And we have to pay again for the medicals all over again.
This is outrageous! When was the original medical exam done? Do you think there may have been some specific issue with it, or you already saw "You passed the medical exam" in your profile at some point and it disappeared (like in my case, although in my case it re-appeared again a few weeks ago). I suggest you complain to the minister's office (Mendicino) and copy your local MP, although that might not have any practical effect on your case.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
IRCC contacted us (via the layer) today - more than one year and two months since our inland application was submitted. The whole family has to go for medical within 30 days. They also want our travel history AGAIN.

Were you outside of Canada within the year? The agent (not so directly) told me that if I was in Canada during the year, they will "most probably" extend it.

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
This is outrageous! When was the original medical exam done? Do you think there may have been some specific issue with it, or you already saw "You passed the medical exam" in your profile at some point and it disappeared (like in my case, although in my case it re-appeared again a few weeks ago). I suggest you complain to the minister's office (Mendicino) and copy your local MP, although that might not have any practical effect on your case.
Medical was complete all this while. There were no issues. Now they sent a letter saying medical has expired. Good luck to us trying to get a medical exam scheduled during this lockdown.

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
Medical was complete all this while. There were no issues. Now they sent a letter saying medical has expired. Good luck to us trying to get a medical exam scheduled during this lockdown.
Medical offices work during lockdown, they are essential services.
I was in similar situation: aor feb 19, 2020, did upfront medicals back in jan 2020. When I called mid jan this year, agent advised, that medicals are marked as expired and suggested to go ahead and do upfront medicals once again. Everyone in this forum said that they must extend it, but I did not want to risk anything. Now, my medicals are passed again on Mar 28. Wishing you all the best!
Just an FYI, if you are in Toronto, I went to panel physician in North York (https://www.panelphysiciannorthyork.ca/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GMB_NorthYork&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyN-DBhCDARIsAFOELTkb1vjfIVcWQrWRaLI8lydAXc8bnTJQcgQzOBS9DrKe8k259rJwrlwaAvsUEALw_wcB) I was able to schedule appointments for the next day for myself and my spouse.

Reactions: Vinami

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
Medical offices work during lockdown, they are essential services.
I was in similar situation: aor feb 19, 2020, did upfront medicals back in jan 2020. When I called mid jan this year, agent advised, that medicals are marked as expired and suggested to go ahead and do upfront medicals once again. Everyone in this forum said that they must extend it, but I did not want to risk anything. Now, my medicals are passed again on Mar 28. Wishing you all the best!
Just an FYI, if you are in Toronto, I went to panel physician in North York (https://www.panelphysiciannorthyork.ca/?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=GMB_NorthYork&gclid=Cj0KCQjwyN-DBhCDARIsAFOELTkb1vjfIVcWQrWRaLI8lydAXc8bnTJQcgQzOBS9DrKe8k259rJwrlwaAvsUEALw_wcB) I was able to schedule appointments for the next day for myself and my spouse.
That fact that it's possible to schedule during the pandemic doesn't make it any less outrageous to require that. Again the fact that it takes more than a year and the medical exam expires in the meantime is not any applicant's fault. Going for an unnecessary medical checkup now ironically increases your risk of disease, and cost you hundreds of dollars out of pocket. I think it's criminal malice for an immigration officer to demand a new medical checkup when the first one was in order.

Reactions: ForUs2020

gp_2020

Oct 21, 2020
That fact that it's possible to schedule during the pandemic doesn't make it any less outrageous to require that. Again the fact that it takes more than a year and the medical exam expires in the meantime is not any applicant's fault. Going for an unnecessary medical checkup now ironically increases your risk of disease, and cost you hundreds of dollars out of pocket. I think it's criminal malice for an immigration officer to demand a new medical checkup when the first one was in order.
I think you are overreacting. There are rules about medical requirements, it is not officer's fault that pandemic happened and medical expired. In addition, not everyone is required to do a re-med. If re-med is required, is there a tiny possibility that medical officer sees any possible health condition that may have changed over the year? no, let's not allow professionals do their job and just send them to prison - that will help with application processing.

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
I think you are overreacting. There are rules about medical requirements, it is not officer's fault that pandemic happened and medical expired. In addition, not everyone is required to do a re-med. If re-med is required, is there a tiny possibility that medical officer sees any possible health condition that may have changed over the year? no, let's not allow professionals do their job and just send them to prison - that will help with application processing.
I'm surprised anybody in this thread would be sympathetic to the IRCC. Look, in my case the medical was automatically extended, if I'm overreacting it's on behalf of poor azizunreal.

I accept that the medical exam might need to be repeated, if there is any health issue to investigate; I was clear about it earlier in the thread. Here the only issue (as far as I know) is that it has expired. If the application goes through within six months as it should, the medical exam would still be valid at the end of the process. And should there be "any possible health condition that may have changed over the year" that would be completely irrelevant once the permanent residence status is obtained.

Many of us in this thread are waiting ~250% the normal processing time and that must be due to incompetence: in 2020 the number of approved CEC applications was only about 20% lower than in the previous year, so if applications were processed fairly we would have seen only several weeks' delay. It does seem to be the case that 2020 Q1 applications were just put aside in favour of later applications, so that's already a grievous injustice. And now they force some of us to repeat the medical exam? That's double injustice. Professionals doing their jobs? I don't think so. I would use more colourful language to describe them.

Sam Flintoff

Mar 16, 2021
Hi everyone,
I got biometric collection letter in my messages today AGAIN! My biometrics were done on Oct 15, 2020. Anyone with the same situation? Why are they sending me the letter again? Do I have to have my biometrics done again? This is SO frustrating. I waited for 15 months to receive this msg from IRCC. Can anyone please help or advise?