17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi ,

I am in similar situation ,I am a CEC inland application AOR February 2020 . It’s been 18 months now and there is no progress on my file . I am the primary applicant and applied as spouse not accompanying . My spouse is in India . My file was last touched on June 2020 . I called IRCC several times with generic response that the application is still in process. I have applied GCMS notes two times and it is written
Eligibility: recommended passed
Criminality: in progress
Security : not started
I have currently on bowp which will expire soon in October 2021

@legalfalcon currently I am out of options here, I am really not understanding what to do , can you please suggest what can I do in my current situation. I am really stressed out

thanks in advance
There is no way to expedite the process. As per your GCMS notes it seems that everything is going fine and you you just have to wait.

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
Hi ,

I am in similar situation ,I am a CEC inland application AOR February 2020 . It’s been 18 months now and there is no progress on my file . I am the primary applicant and applied as spouse not accompanying . My spouse is in India . My file was last touched on June 2020 . I called IRCC several times with generic response that the application is still in process. I have applied GCMS notes two times and it is written

@legalfalcon currently I am out of options here, I am really not understanding what to do , can you please suggest what can I do in my current situation. I am really stressed out

thanks in advance
Have you tried contacting your local MP?

proprek1986

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
Hi ,

thanks in advance
Probably they just testing us. I don't see any other adequate explanation for this situation.

Vikram_GTA

Aug 14, 2020
My file is pending with no update from IRCC,
Anyone with AOR in month of Feb 2020 still waiting for COPR?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEC, CRS score: 488
AOR Feb 9 2020 , Bio 24 Feb 2020, RCMP April 10, Criminality still in progress

Linhly

Oct 9, 2018
My file is pending with no update from IRCC,
Anyone with AOR in month of Feb 2020 still waiting for COPR?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEC, CRS score: 488
AOR Feb 9 2020 , Bio 24 Feb 2020, RCMP April 10, Criminality still in progress
AOR Mar202 and Im still waiting. This is like a joke for allof the applicationsapplied early 2020

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
@proprek1986 @goudam are you guys inland on some kind of work permits, or waiting abroad? If in Canada, have you contacted your MPs? What about looking at your GCMS records?

Either way I would say your situation is unacceptable... When I was waiting for a long time it crossed my mind to really sue the government, but that might not be a good idea, although in your situation I'm not sure what other recourses there are.

According to the information from the Statistical Reporting Group of IRCC, on 31 March of this year, of the February 2020 CEC applications, 1622 were approved, 45 refused, 6 withdrawn, and 256 were "on inventory". Since then based on the reporting on this thread, many of these 256 left over cases were approved, so it seems your cases are unusual even for this very unfortunate group of applicants.

Dnrvl

Feb 17, 2021
, and 256 were "on inventory".
This is not "INVENTORY" - this is our lives!!!

I will never understand how is it possible for IRCC to prioritize processing june-july 2021 applicants, while you still have 256 applicants "on inventory" from feb 2020 and much more from 2020.

Reactions: FayRe

proprek1986

Star Member
Jun 20, 2021
@proprek1986 @goudam are you guys inland on some kind of work permits, or waiting abroad? If in Canada, have you contacted your MPs? What about looking at your GCMS records?

Either way I would say your situation is unacceptable... When I was waiting for a long time it crossed my mind to really sue the government, but that might not be a good idea, although in your situation I'm not sure what other recourses there are.

According to the information from the Statistical Reporting Group of IRCC, on 31 March of this year, of the February 2020 CEC applications, 1622 were approved, 45 refused, 6 withdrawn, and 256 were "on inventory". Since then based on the reporting on this thread, many of these 256 left over cases were approved, so it seems your cases are unusual even for this very unfortunate group of applicants.
Hi,
Its so frustrating situation. My family is in Canada. We're inland applicants. We uploaded our online application in April 2020. Just medicine recently was extended. Other than that no changes from June 2020. I was thinking about court, but government have such a nice excuse - covid 19. All my froiends from 2021 already got their PR....

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
Interesting data. Do you have a link you can share? I'd be interested in checking it out.

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
Interesting data. Do you have a link you can share? I'd be interested in checking it out.
These particular data aren't publicly available to my knowledge, I have them because I made a special request, which anyone can do through email. Here are the instructions:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/statistics-open-data.html
In my case it took 45 days to get the dataset, and it didn't exactly comply with my request which made it less useful. My goal was to check if applicants with AOR of February 2020 were especially more screwed than others. That is, that applicants from late 2020 and early 2021 were getting their PR before us, in a statistically significant way and not just anecdotally ("my friend who applied after me got his PR before me"). The data seems to suggest that no, but it's not entirely clear. I asked to see the distribution of wait times, but they just gave these numbers as well as the 80% processing time, which was 11 months for Feb 2020 (so they claim to have processed 80% of the February 2020 applications by January 2021).

There are quite a lot of other data available publicly though:
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset?organization=cic

Reactions: Canex17

Canex17

Feb 26, 2020
These particular data aren't publicly available to my knowledge, I have them because I made a special request, which anyone can do through email. Here are the instructions:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/statistics-open-data.html
In my case it took 45 days to get the dataset, and it didn't exactly comply with my request which made it less useful. My goal was to check if applicants with AOR of February 2020 were especially more screwed than others. That is, that applicants from late 2020 and early 2021 were getting their PR before us, in a statistically significant way and not just anecdotally ("my friend who applied after me got his PR before me"). The data seems to suggest that no, but it's not entirely clear. I asked to see the distribution of wait times, but they just gave these numbers as well as the 80% processing time, which was 11 months for Feb 2020 (so they claim to have processed 80% of the February 2020 applications by January 2021).

There are quite a lot of other data available publicly though:
https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset?organization=cic
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the detailed response. I've been looking at the open data, but all the excel sheets were giving me a headache. lol

Ali@12345

Jan 8, 2020
Hi,

Anyone FEB 2020 CEC still waiting ,
I have contacted MP , and had a generic response that background check is still in process . Applied as spouse not accompanying

Eligibility:Recommended passed
Criminality: in process
Security; not started

in GCMS notes there is a note by case analyst: Review required - stat questions for spouse .
I am really worried now .
@legalfalcon Could you please suggest on what can i do here ? I have been waiting since 21 months , now my BOWP is also about to expire , can i apply for a BOWP again ?