+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - Feb. 2020 *JOIN HERE*

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Hi,

Anyone FEB 2020 CEC still waiting ,
I have contacted MP , and had a generic response that background check is still in process . Applied as spouse not accompanying

Eligibility:Recommended passed
Criminality: in process
Security; not started

in GCMS notes there is a note by case analyst: Review required - stat questions for spouse .
I am really worried now .
@legalfalcon Could you please suggest on what can i do here ? I have been waiting since 21 months , now my BOWP is also about to expire , can i apply for a BOWP again ?
Is there a "ready to finalize, rprf complete" message besides the review required?

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
Success!

We got our CoPR on 12.May.2020

There is a slight hitch though - they put my son's passport number on my CoPR and misseplled the place of birth too. Sent an email back to them with remarks to correct it.

Regardless, the sense of permanency has set in. Thank you Canada!

Wishing everyone the best of luck. Hang in there!

Here we are, 7 months since the PR was granted and numerous requests to IRCC to correct the CoPR but not a peep out of them. I cannot renew my Indian passport as one of the requirements is a copy of the CoPR, which I cannot submit because of all the erroneous information. I contacted my local MP's office and they said that IRCC takes 6 months to respond to any request. Meanwhile, I am a proper PERMANENT resident of Canada who cannot go anywhere as the Indian Consulate has refused to renew my passport without a corrected CoPR :D

theeeiam

Mar 11, 2021
Here we are, 7 months since the PR was granted and numerous requests to IRCC to correct the CoPR but not a peep out of them. I cannot renew my Indian passport as one of the requirements is a copy of the CoPR, which I cannot submit because of all the erroneous information. I contacted my local MP's office and they said that IRCC takes 6 months to respond to any request. Meanwhile, I am a proper PERMANENT resident of Canada who cannot go anywhere as the Indian Consulate has refused to renew my passport without a corrected CoPR :D
IRCC is total garbage. I don't know how Sean Fraser is doing now but it's a disgrace that Mendicino is still in cabinet after the mess he let be.

That being said, the Indian government is little better, or more likely worse. Your Indian citizenship and Canadian residence are completely orthogonal, you should be able to renew your passport or get whatever consular services whether you are in Canada as a PR, tourist, or illegally. It's non of their business.

azizunreal

Oct 27, 2020
Hello all, final update: After contacting my local MP, they managed to get in touch with IRCC who confirmed that they received three application forms from me to rectify all the mistakes on my CoPR (which was preventing me from renewing my Indian passport). 30 days later and after another reminder to my MP, CanadaPost delivered a corrected CoPR TO MY NEIGHBOURS MAILBOX :D who was kind enough to bring it over. This is why its important to maintain good relations with your neighbors people! :D