Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
so you mean, 2nd medical update means our appli is finalized ? because i also got 2nd medical update on Nov 4 and than i receive 1st GU on Nov 10
Hello everyone - I got the golden email at 12pm today! It looks like the 2nd medical pass (for old medicals) is a very strong indicator that your application is close to being finalized. In my case, it was the following day.

Now the portal process, hopefully it will continue smoothly - thank you everyone for sharing your timelines, experiences and advice on this forum. The process would have been soooo much more stressful without this caring community!

sandysran

Nov 11, 2021
Hello everyone - I got the golden email at 12pm today! It looks like the 2nd medical pass (for old medicals) is a very strong indicator that your application is close to being finalized. In my case, it was the following day.

Now the portal process, hopefully it will continue smoothly - thank you everyone for sharing your timelines, experiences and advice on this forum. The process would have been soooo much more stressful without this caring community!
congrats nd ur AOR date ?

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022

As I said.... Don't forget to feed the unicorns :)

• Haha
Reactions: rainbowsunicorns

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
I have been reading your posts and see a lot of enthusiasm. (even if IRCC has kept us waiting...)

I am AOR 27 Aug 2021, CEC Candidate, my meds updated on 25th Oct. Nothing after that. Its been almost 2.5 months from AOR. Spoke to agent yesterday, she denied to provide detailed status other than telling me that the file is in CIO Sydney NS office.
I have 2 outland dependents and foreign exp as well.

Anyone with similar timelines/situations pls?

Chahal7

Jul 2, 2020
I have been reading your posts and see a lot of enthusiasm. (even if IRCC has kept us waiting...)

I am AOR 27 Aug 2021, CEC Candidate, my meds updated on 25th Oct. Nothing after that. Its been almost 2.5 months from AOR. Spoke to agent yesterday, she denied to provide detailed status other than telling me that the file is in CIO Sydney NS office.
I have 2 outland dependents and foreign exp as well.

Anyone with similar timelines/situations pls?
I am in the same boat
Aor 28 august
Medical bio updated 4 oct after that nothing i have no foreign experience i dont know whats going on with them some of them getting pr in just matter of days and some of us are waiting for single update

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
I am in the same boat
Aor 28 august
Medical bio updated 4 oct after that nothing i have no foreign experience i dont know whats going on with them some of them getting pr in just matter of days and some of us are waiting for single update
Thanks for your response. I was reading and found that speed of processing is largely Visa office (VO) dependent. I see that CIO Sydney is busy completing FSW/PNP these days. (which is not bad since those guys have been waiting even longer)
But looking at other CEC applicants, it's putting us to more of mental anxiety.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Thanks for your response. I was reading and found that speed of processing is largely Visa office (VO) dependent. I see that CIO Sydney is busy completing FSW/PNP these days. (which is not bad since those guys have been waiting even longer)
But looking at other CEC applicants, it's putting us to more of mental anxiety.
Judging from your MEP done... it seems your application is now under your primary/secondary VO and not CIO Sydney.

As I said before, it will take around 60 days for you to get your MEP... it seems you got it in 59 days.

Have your dependents outside Canada completed their Biometrics?

For your case to be finalized, you will need your security / crim / background checks all completed. IF they were running in parallel with your Medical review, then your PPR should be around the corner. IF not (for instance, your outside Canada dependents did not get any biometrics request till now), then may be a month?
IF your file is stuck in Eligibility Review... pray to God then... its hard to know how long it takes then. 2-3 months is not uncommon then.

Last edited:

Ashleeen

Oct 15, 2021

is your background status was still in process?

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
Judging from your MEP done... it seems your application is now under your primary/secondary VO and not CIO Sydney.

As I said before, it will take around 60 days for you to get your MEP... it seems you got it in 59 days.

Have your dependents outside Canada completed their Biometrics?

For your case to be finalized, you will need your security / crim / background checks all completed. IF they were running in parallel with your Medical review, then your PPR should be around the corner. IF not (for instance, your outside Canada dependents did not get any biometrics request till now), then may be a month?
IF your file is stuck in Eligibility Review... pray to God then... its hard to know how long it takes then. 2-3 months is not uncommon then.
Thanks Champion member for a detailed answer:)
Initially I submitted old medicals but in second month, I submitted new medicals and noticed soon MEP on Gckey. Not sure if new were accepted or old ones. But its shows MEP 25th Oct.

secondly, biometrics for outland dependents are done already.

Also, the agent told me my file was currently at CIO Sydney, that confused me too. Not sure if its still stuck in R10 completeness check. Also wondering if they keep some files at CIO Sydney till they are finalised.

And lastly, as per Gckey details, Eligibility shows “We are reviewing if you meet eligibility requirement” and BG says, “We are processing your application, We will let you know when we start your BG check”

Does that help where does this application stand as of current trends.?
I am currently on a closed WP.

Appreciate your analysis.

manishsap21

Dec 21, 2020
Thanks Champion member for a detailed answer:)
Initially I submitted old medicals but in second month, I submitted new medicals and noticed soon MEP on Gckey. Not sure if new were accepted or old ones. But its shows MEP 25th Oct.

secondly, biometrics for outland dependents are done already.

Also, the agent told me my file was currently at CIO Sydney, that confused me too. Not sure if its still stuck in R10 completeness check. Also wondering if they keep some files at CIO Sydney till they are finalised.

And lastly, as per Gckey details, Eligibility shows “We are reviewing if you meet eligibility requirement” and BG says, “We are processing your application, We will let you know when we start your BG check”

I am currently on a closed WP.

Appreciate your analysis.
When does the R10 completeness check gets completed after the AOR date? Does Medical and Biometrics state that the documentation is complete and verification will be done in Eligibility review?
When did your Background change from Processing to In Progress and how long its been In progress?

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
I am in the same boat
Aor 28 august
Right! Well the only concern for July-Aug pending files is that post mid Dec. lot of ircc staff may go on leave and may not return until first week of Jan 2022

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
If it says "MEP done", R10 is long done.

It could be either but good thing is that you will not need to provide another if your applications is somewhat delayed.

Did your Agent order GCMS notes? I doubt he can tell otherwise. The CSC is not taking any calls these days.

Its a bit hard to tell. But 70-90 days in processing means you are close to home run. Meaning you should get your PPR in 10 days.
Ofcourse there are few possiblities which can delay things further that I mentioned before.

Reactions: creative.dhillon

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
When does the R10 completeness check gets completed after the AOR date? Does Medical and Biometrics state that the documentation is complete and verification will be done in Eligibility review?
When did your Background change from Processing to In Progress and how long its been In progress?
As per my reads on canada.ca website, R10 is completed most likely after AOR when MEP/Bio are updated.
lets wait for Champion Members detailed version on this.
Thanks