+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

** CEC Applicants - Aug 2021 - timeline & updates **

samvude

Nov 23, 2021
Hey, I have a question...

I have AOR August 11 with a valid job offer since I'm currently on a closed work permit. I did claim the 50 points for my job offer which was definitely a mistake! Even without the 50 points from the job offer I am still above the cutoff for my draw. I want to withdraw the job offer but I'm wondering whether this will affect my application in anyway? I've done some research online and the general consensus seems to be no... but I thought I would ask here in case anyone has been in a similar situation?
Am in same situation along with same AOR date..not sure how to proceed :(

JackJaiswal

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hey, I just checked with my friend. He said if its direct flight then there will be no issues at all. If its stay anywhere in between then you need either PR card or Visa stamp on your passport. He was not having either thats why they denied boarding.
Thank you KavitaBajwa.... I have reconfirmed with my friend who travelled, he has a work visa stamped maybe this is why he was allowed to board the flight, luckily I have visitor visa with a valid work permit hopefully I will be allowed as well, sigh of relief now....thank you once again for bringing this point up as it has cleared the last issue....I am literally desparate to go back home :) 3 years since I last travelled...

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
I have visitor visa stamp on my passport I hope that should work . Can you please re confirm with him once otherwise I will book another flight as I will be travelling with a newborn and a toddler. Much appreciated your help.
Hey Jack

As per my understanding and reviews from other folks, while we travel from Canada to India, no body asks anything apart from your Indian passport and covid reports. The issue arises only when we got to return to Canada from India.
After we activate our PR (which is when our COPR is generated in gcms), all our temporary visas stand cancelled with immediate effect.
So after COPR, the only option to re-enter Canada (and board flight from India) is either a canadian PR card or PRTD.

Sorry!! Don’t want to discourage but just wanted to share what I’ve seen in past. And avoid any last minute hassles for you.

As @KavitaBajwa said, you may be lucky though :) All the best

KavitaBajwa

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Thank you KavitaBajwa.... I have reconfirmed with my friend who travelled, he has a work visa stamped maybe this is why he was allowed to board the flight, luckily I have visitor visa with a valid work permit hopefully I will be allowed as well, sigh of relief now....thank you once again for bringing this point up as it has cleared the last issue....I am literally desparate to go back home :) 3 years since I last travelled...
You're most welcome:) Enjoy your trip, things will be super fine and easy for you:)

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
Does anyone have any experience with contacting visa office for application processing via email. Webforms are not helping I guess.

Is it recommended to contact visa office and at what stage of application can we email them?

#CecInland_outlanddependent
#Aor_Aug 27 2021
Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Kiranarora

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey Jack

As per my understanding and reviews from other folks, while we travel from Canada to India, no body asks anything apart from your Indian passport and covid reports. The issue arises only when we got to return to Canada from India.
After we activate our PR (which is when our COPR is generated in gcms), all our temporary visas stand cancelled with immediate effect.
So after COPR, the only option to re-enter Canada (and board flight from India) is either a canadian PR card or PRTD.

Sorry!! Don’t want to discourage but just wanted to share what I’ve seen in past. And avoid any last minute hassles for you.

i got portal email on Nov 18 . waiting for credentials now . i want to go India, after 4 years. so as u saying according to that there is no option for me untill PR card came? as i heard PR card took 4 to 5 months for some people.

Reactions: KavitaBajwa

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
Hey Jack

That’s true. My lawyer told me the same thing. PR card or One time travel document is necessary to get back to Canada !!

Reactions: JackJaiswal

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
i got portal email on Nov 18 . waiting for credentials now . i want to go India, after 4 years. so as u saying according to that there is no option for me untill PR card came? as i heard PR card took 4 to 5 months for some people.
I mentioned above, to re-enter Canada (or board flight for Canada from any foreign land), PR card OR PRTD is mandatory.
If one doesn’t get a PR card before departure from Canada, he/she may apply for PRTD soon they reach home country.

Again, This is just based on my experience.

Reactions: Kiranarora

Chahalkamal

Star Member
Feb 28, 2021
Does anyone have any experience with contacting visa office for application processing via email. Webforms are not helping I guess.

Is it recommended to contact visa office and at what stage of application can we email them?

#CecInland_outlanddependent
#Aor_Aug 27 2021
Any inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you!!!
The only way to contact them is by calling. But sometimes the agents refuse to provide more information about our file processing. That’s what I experienced couple days ago.

Reactions: creative.dhillon

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
The only way to contact them is by calling. But sometimes the agents refuse to provide more information about our file processing. That’s what I experienced couple days ago.
Okay, thanks!
Call centre agents appear to be of no help at this time

KavitaBajwa

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi Kiran,

If you book a direct flight, there will be no issues at all. But if your flight has stay to other nations then you need either Visa Satmping on your passport or your PR card. That happens with my friend so thats why just brought it in attention. My friend has stay in his flight and he has no stamping thats why officers denied boarding.

Hope that helps.

KavitaBajwa

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Hi Kiran,

If you book a direct flight, there will be no issues at all. But if your flight has stay to other nations then you need either Visa Satmping on your passport or your PR card. That happens with my friend so thats why just brought it in attention. My friend has stay in his flight and he has no stamping thats why officers denied boarding.

Hope that helps.
Kiran, whats your visa office?

Reactions: baltixz