Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Not sure if it was first time or second… it is permanently updated on 23rd Nov
Most likely second time, as the first doesn't send any email update and only lasts on your perusal for a couple of days.

From what I've seen, there is little rhyme or reason to how IRCC operates - at least publicly. There are lots of factors to consider and something that has been highlighted by more experienced members on this forum is how the shift to AI software to do a first pass on applications likely creates a situation where the "easiest" applications get priority, rather than first come first serve.

So, even when you app is complete, if there is any hiccup related to a document or where/how you inputted data, that could mean another app moves ahead while you have to wait a few more weeks. It isn't fair and creates confusion and frustration. Ideally, we would be able to see more details about our apps without ordering GCMS notes, would save time for everyone involved.

The good news is that they are processing applications, and hopefully they will catch up with the backlog (at least for CEC apps submitted through September) this year.

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: veronvillanueva30

samvude

Nov 23, 2021
ok co

thanks for sharing
Congratulations!! Did you claim points for job offer?

Am on a closed work permit and did claim 50 points for my job offer which I feel a mistake. Having the score above the cutoff without 50 points, would like to know if I need to withdraw job offer before IRCC revert. Will this affect my application? Not sure how to proceed. Any guidance?
I did see another person had posted the same question few days back..

Last edited:

KavitaBajwa

Star Member
May 21, 2019
Congratulations!! Did you claim points for job offer?

Am on a closed work permit and did claim 50 points for my job offer which I feel a mistake. Having the score above the cutoff without 50 points, would like to know if I need to withdraw job offer before IRCC revert. Will this affect my application? Not sure how to proceed. Any guidance?
I did see another person had posted the same question few days back..
Hi,

Yes it should be taken back because whatever we claim in the profile to receive ITA we have to show that points and justify in application. No matter whatever the cut off is.

It happens to me as previously i claimed Indian experienec points. I got ITA and after receiving ITA , when i was collecting docs i got issues to get papers for foreign expereince. Though my points were enough that even if i dont claim indian expereince but even then we decline that ITA and go back in the pool with fresh profile.

Hope that helps.

Kirlosker

Nov 16, 2021
@penn302 . thanks for your response....Yes , Procedural fairness letter. I do not have any job offer /lease agreement. However. I have a friend who can help with address to update with bank and mobile connection. Caveat is , I have 7 days to respond but the stmt and billing cycle are not inline and cannot generate a stmt with updated address. Bank requires me to be in person to get a letter with updated address and its impossible since I live outside of canada.
12/01 - Responded back on procedural fairness letter

Reactions: penn302

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
That means they are responding to applications whose dependents are outside Canada. Mine AOR is 13 Aug. Waitin so eagerly !!
Yes they are, as your AOR is 13 Aug so you will start seeing the updates near to Dec 10. This is based on per my timelines.

Hoping you will seeing some updates soon.

jjwu

Star Member
Oct 4, 2021
Yes they are, as your AOR is 13 Aug so you will start seeing the updates near to Dec 10. This is based on per my timelines.

Hoping you will seeing some updates soon.
As per your timeline, you got portal the second after MEP 2nd time. I have been waiting for it a couple of days after 2nd MEP. I have no idea when it will come.

KT@9879

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
As per your timeline, you got portal the second after MEP 2nd time. I have been waiting for it a couple of days after 2nd MEP. I have no idea when it will come.
You will get very soon, I have seen other member's post as well. same pattern Portal email in a day to few days after 2nd mep.
May be tomorrow is your day.