+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

======CEC APPLICANTS AUG 05 2021=======

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
Hi friends! I'm hopeful to get in touch with people in the same boat and hopefully we can answer each other's questions.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: aashishleo

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
When to get your medical exam
In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.
Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021.

Any thoughts? I guess this applies for International students who had their medical exam 5 years ago?

aashishleo

Jun 13, 2020
When to get your medical exam
In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.
Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021.

Any thoughts? I guess this applies for International students who had their medical exam 5 years ago?
This should also apply for folks who did their medical exam as part of their work permit processing before entering Canada in the last 5 years.

manikcheetu

Sep 6, 2017
hi guys!!.. I too got Ita on 5th aug..for the medical exam ..i have a e medical tracking sheet which have the UMI no.
but the status of the medical exam is shown as required..now i am not sure if the status should be written as completed?
any thoughts?

thanks

Reactions: jackielouruiz

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
hi guys!!.. I too got Ita on 5th aug..for the medical exam ..i have a e medical tracking sheet which have the UMI no.
but the status of the medical exam is shown as required..now i am not sure if the status should be written as completed?
any thoughts?

thanks
Hello! Mine too, All status are required. I just transmitted and paid today using the old med cert from 2017. Don't quote me on this but I figured that they only need the UMI to access our med records. What are you thinking? Are you going to use the old one or book a new upfront medical?

dhruv_vaishnav

Jun 1, 2019
any thoughts?

thanks
It's all normal.

'The status of an individual will not appear as 'Complete' in the exam list until your case has been submitted to IRCC. This may not occur all results are finalised after you have left the clinic.'

So, if you have got this information sheet/acknowledgement receipt from the clinic, then you don't need to worry, even if your sheet shows 'Referred' or 'Required' or 'Pending' or anything else. You just submit this receipt in your profile. IRCC has its own way of accessing the e-medical, and it'll verify your data from your UMI number.

Hope it helps.

jackielouruiz

Star Member
Jun 23, 2021
It's all normal.

'The status of an individual will not appear as 'Complete' in the exam list until your case has been submitted to IRCC. This may not occur all results are finalised after you have left the clinic.'

So, if you have got this information sheet/acknowledgement receipt from the clinic, then you don't need to worry, even if your sheet shows 'Referred' or 'Required' or 'Pending' or anything else. You just submit this receipt in your profile. IRCC has its own way of accessing the e-medical, and it'll verify your data from your UMI number.

Hope it helps.
Thanks Dhruv! what's up with the signature there? are those timelines your personal application?:)

dhruv_vaishnav

Jun 1, 2019
Thanks Dhruv! what's up with the signature there? are those timelines your personal application?:)
Yeah, that's my application timeline. Firstly I enrolled in BC PNP Tech-Pilot as International Graduate - Skilled Worker and then I applied for PNP PR (Non-Express Entry) through a new online portal. After applied I realized that it takes ~7/8 months to get AOR. During this time I found that I can now eligible for CEC, so I applied for it and got the invitation on Aug 5. Now I am finding a way to withdraw PNP PR (Non-Express Entry).