+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - AOR Feb 2021 **Join Here**

Niusham

Star Member
Sep 24, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
If you're a CEC candidate, there are no restrictions to the employer's location on BOWP, as long as you reside and work from outside of Quebec.
I left Quebec before submitting my PR and then BOWP applications, but continued working for the same Montreal-based company remotely. There was never an issue or even a question regarding that point. Both my BOWP and PR were approved.

But if you're really stressed out, book a consultation with an expert, it will ease your mind :)
Thank you for sharing your experience :)

Reactions: mstefan

Stephzer

Star Member
Dec 19, 2020
Guys They're getting close to your AOR dates...Never lose hope.
Express Entry applications
Last updated: August 31, 2021
Canadian Experience Class applications

We’re working at full capacity to process applications.
You may experience delays because we have a backlog of applications due to COVID-19.
We’re currently finalizing most applications we received between
February 7 and 13, 2021
If your application is complex, it may take us longer to process it.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html
My application is simple no dependent, I’m sure I won’t get it this week. I have lost faith in these ppl. I don’t think they will get the 400k target this year, I haven’t seen many approvals this month, unless they approve 50+k per month from now I doubt it

Eric P

May 8, 2021
My application is simple no dependent, I’m sure I won’t get it this week. I have lost faith in these ppl. I don’t think they will get the 400k target this year, I haven’t seen many approvals this month, unless they approve 50+k per month from now I doubt it
Only thing we can do to make ourself feel better is to lower our expectation on them.
Even though my expectation was already low to start with.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Only thing we can do to make ourself feel better is to lower our expectation on them.
Even though my expectation was already low to start with.
Every time we lower our expectations, they manage to lower their efficiency, so we're turning in a circle that's getting worse and worse...

There are some real problems there that they will need to fix in the near future. They are obviously overwhelmed, using outdated methodology and techs, maybe understaffed, and certainly without any incentive to do better... There should also be procedures to hold them accountable and force them to be more transparent. They are not just workers, manipulating some products, they have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of applicants and their families...

But right now, it is what it is, and we have no choice.

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Every time we lower our expectations, they manage to lower their efficiency, so we're turning in a circle that's getting worse and worse...

There are some real problems there that they will need to fix in the near future. They are obviously overwhelmed, using outdated methodology and techs, maybe understaffed, and certainly without any incentive to do better... There should also be procedures to hold them accountable and force them to be more transparent. They are not just workers, manipulating some products, they have a direct impact on the lives of hundreds of thousands of applicants and their families...

But right now, it is what it is, and we have no choice.
Not sure if you have ever worked in the government. Let me share what I know.
Everything you are suggesting, I bet everyone work in IRCC knew it and may have discussed those issues many times. But the reality is nothing gets done. This is becasue of bureaucracy.
I had a coop term at ministry of transportation (Ontario governement). They discuss varies issues in the weekly meetings i.e. outdated system. My manager later told me they had discussed those issues 10 years ago and nothings get done. People work there is frustrated as well. But they cannot change anything, they can only do a small part of the project and had limited access, if other department is not doing their work, nothing gets done. Today this person is on sick leave for several weeks and tomorrow other person retired. And slowly people get used to it because they know they are powerless in front of the big bureaucracy. Why would they fight it, they get their paycheck and show up 9 to 5. Why should I be an asshole and push others to do the work.

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Not sure if you have ever worked in the government. Let me share what I know.
Everything you are suggesting, I bet everyone work in IRCC knew it and may have discussed those issues many times. But the reality is nothing gets done. This is becasue of bureaucracy.
I had a coop term at ministry of transportation (Ontario governement). They discuss varies issues in the weekly meetings i.e. outdated system. My manager later told me they had discussed those issues 10 years ago and nothings get done. People work there is frustrated as well. But they cannot change anything, they can only do a small part of the project and had limited access, if other department is not doing their work, nothing gets done. Today this person is on sick leave for several weeks and tomorrow other person retired. And slowly people get used to it because they know they are powerless in front of the big bureaucracy. Why would they fight it, they get their paycheck and show up 9 to 5. Why should I be an asshole and push others to do the work.
Oh, I entirely believe you, and I think it's pretty much the same shit in every country when it comes to government, at any level.
Bureaucracy is a major obstacle to progress. We can't put all the blame on these agents, the system they work in/for is rotten. But at some point, when it reaches a critical stage, they'll have to do something from the inside or outside. Even they can endure only so much. Maybe we, as applicants, should also be more proactive, organize something, ask for media attention, send letters etc. But let's be honest, rare are those who'll still be interested in the topic once our applications are finalized. If we are all quiet and keep thinking "why to bother with this, I can't change anything", well there's going to be a long wait for some changes.

Reactions: Harrysingh04

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Oh, I entirely believe you, and I think it's pretty much the same shit in every country when it comes to government, at any level.
Bureaucracy is a major obstacle to progress. We can't put all the blame on these agents, the system they work in/for is rotten. But at some point, when it reaches a critical stage, they'll have to do something from the inside or outside. Even they can endure only so much. Maybe we, as applicants, should also be more proactive, organize something, ask for media attention, send letters etc. But let's be honest, rare are those who'll still be interested in the topic once our applications are finalized. If we are all quiet and keep thinking "why to bother with this, I can't change anything", well there's going to be a long wait for some changes.
Oh yeah. For sure we can do something. Here is an interesting article, it shows how far you can go
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/08/canadian-court-rules-ircc-took-too-long-to-process-immigration-application-0818963.html

• Wow

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Oh yeah. For sure we can do something. Here is an interesting article, it shows how far you can go
https://www.cicnews.com/2021/08/canadian-court-rules-ircc-took-too-long-to-process-immigration-application-0818963.html
Thanks for sharing! This is a great example.
Imagine IRCC's reaction if they see 100 applicants filling a joint lawsuit for the same reason as stated in the article.
Our webforms, calls etc can't change anything, they'd just ignore us, but a massive lawsuit would force them to do something :)

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
But it also shows you can do something on your individual case. But I doubt some outsiders can make real impact on the system.
The question is: how many of us would be willing to go that far?! Would we also have support from those whose applications were processed in reasonable timeframes? What would be the public opinion (ah those immigrants, always complaining etc)?

Eric P

May 8, 2021
The question is: how many of us would be willing to go that far?! Would we also have support from those whose applications were processed in reasonable timeframes? What would be the public opinion (ah those immigrants, always complaining etc)?
Yeah. It's complicated, isn't it. Really rich people can start a media campaign to influence the public opinions. I don't think those people care about immigrating to Canada.:D:D

Reactions: Harrysingh04