+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC Applicants - AOR Feb 2021 **Join Here**

adwani1994

Star Member
Dec 6, 2020
Congratulations buddy. Can you please tell what kind of email they sent. I also received one recently, asking for current address. Thanks.
I received this email from "ONTWindsor.Landings@cic.gc.ca"

We are at the end of the process for your application for permanent residence in Canada, and based on our records, you are now in Canada. As a result, your application has been selected for a virtual confirmation of permanent resident (PR) status. Since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020, IRCC had to stop some in-person services to protect the health and safety of clients and employees. However, the Department has come up with innovative ways to conduct business.

Please respond to this message to confirm if you are physically in Canada now. Your response will be used to determine if you are eligible to be confirmed as a PR. You will receive more information later about obtaining your first PR card.

S.A.7

Star Member
Feb 28, 2012
So i called ircc yesterday. The agent was basically no help. He said i don't have any info to give you other than whats already available on your portal. I asked what's my visa office to which he said it doesn't matter and that all offices take similar time. I told him that's not true and people on online forums say otherwise to which he said people are trolls and can say whatever they want. We are the experts and that having no update since my feb 3rd Aor is normal and that they're processing applications received in May 2020 so i have to wait. Basically he did not have anything to say. I don't know why they're in denial. Clearly a lot of people that applied after me got their PR already. Some even with March Aor are done and I'm stuck with no update at all. Very very frustrating.

yutyut

Mar 2, 2021
So i called ircc yesterday. The agent was basically no help. He said i don't have any info to give you other than whats already available on your portal. I asked what's my visa office to which he said it doesn't matter and that all offices take similar time. I told him that's not true and people on online forums say otherwise to which he said people are trolls and can say whatever they want. We are the experts and that having no update since my feb 3rd Aor is normal and that they're processing applications received in May 2020 so i have to wait. Basically he did not have anything to say. I don't know why they're in denial. Clearly a lot of people that applied after me got their PR already. Some even with March Aor are done and I'm stuck with no update at all. Very very frustrating.
you're better to order GCMS notes if you want to learn about your application progress.
chances are that you'll get your PR approved before you receive notes tho

bigvac123

Apr 7, 2021
Yes. I understand how you feel. Me too stuck at a super slow VO with no updates for months while some with other VOs even with AOR May 2021 are getting CoPR. It is just unfair. But all we can do is wait. It will be our turns one day (when it reachs 6 months).

Last edited:

SterlingFive

Jun 15, 2021
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I have phoned 3 times over the last 5 months, and the first person was super helpful, second guy was kind of coy but definitely not rude. I phoned back 2 weeks after that and explained to the 3rd person that I didn't really get the answers to my questions the last time I called and they were pretty helpful in explaining my stages and VO. It's very disheartening to have someone flat-out refuse you general information on your case because it's your future and life in Canada. You asked to confirm the visa office - not the intricate details of your security and background check. Sheesh!

Well my AOR is Feb 2, so we are close in time :) Nothing yet unfortunately.

Reactions: S.A.7 and tirthraj

nightknight

May 12, 2021
Hello everyone,

I've received and missed a phone call from a "Private number" just moments ago (4:45pm). Could that be the IRCC?

In-land, no dependents, CEC
AOR Feb 17
VO: Montreal, Secondary VO: Sydney

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Hello everyone,

I've received and missed a phone call from a "Private number" just moments ago (4:45pm). Could that be the IRCC?

In-land, no dependents, CEC
AOR Feb 17
VO: Montreal, Secondary VO: Sydney
It can be IRCC or a CRA scam phishing for your SIN :D You'll never know :)

• Haha
Reactions: eddieeeeeelyx

Eric P

May 8, 2021
when I get an agent like this, I would just hang up and no point wasting time.
Some agents never understand their role is to help. They must hate their job but need to work to put food on the table.

Reactions: S.A.7 and mstefan