App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
When I got my GCMS notes, there was a section from the first officer that passed my eligibility, stating that they did a web based search to confirm employer details matched with my reference letter.
That's exactly the part that is worrying me :/
I've just reached out to my former HR department.
They will check the exact date of the move, and get back to me. If it's this month, and if my eligibility has not been reviewed yet, I'll ask them for a new letter with a new address :)

Reactions: ciccris

ciccris

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
That's exactly the part that is worrying me :/
I've just reached out to my former HR department.
They will check the exact date of the move, and get back to me. If it's this month, and if my eligibility has not been reviewed yet, I'll ask them for a new letter with a new address :)
Having been at the mercy of an immigration officer deciding to cancel my application once....im so wary of giving them ANYTHING that could result in them deciding to do it....so for sure I would get a new letter and send it via webform! :)

Nick1617

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
hello, i have a small question for everyone. is there anyone have there file being processed at VO montreal . and anyone know any recent updates from montreal office. i heard its slow. so just wondering

Eric P

May 8, 2021
hello, i have a small question for everyone. is there anyone have there file being processed at VO montreal . and anyone know any recent updates from montreal office. i heard its slow. so just wondering
Hi Nick, If you answer yes to any stat questions and your application will be flaged for review. Then it's likely your file will be transferred to Montreal.
This happens to me and many others.

Nick1617

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Hi Nick, If you answer yes to any stat questions and your application will be flaged for review. Then it's likely your file will be transferred to Montreal.
This happens to me and many others.
i did not answer yes to any stat question .. in fact my file is pretty straight forward. i am in canada from the age of 17 and never went back indian and have work experience from 2 companies from canada. i didnt got any request to upload PCC from india as i was 17 when i first came to canada and never went back and also no request for RCMP. so i dont know whats going on.

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
No, it's just the status that changes to "Application updated" in your account. There's no email for GUs.
Thanks for the update. Where do you live, isn't it Montreal VO used to process only Quebec applications or where there is any additional query?

kgrajiv

Mar 21, 2019
Quick question for you all:

One of the companies for which I've claimed points in Canadian experience is moving.
So the address from my letter of experience will soon not be relevant anymore. I've seen from some people's GCMS that the officers also compare the address when they evaluate the letter of experience.
I have no idea if my eligibility has already been reviewed (If it was, I guess the address won't be a problem). I'll know next week when my GCMS arrives.

Do you think I should just inform IRCC of the change? Or even ask the company for a new letter with the new address?

Thanks!
Just send an updated letter from the company as part of the WebForm. You may also need to check your WP, what type of WP do you have, If it is closed WP then usually location is tied and indicated in the WP check that as well.

jtolani25

Mar 24, 2019
WEBFORM TIMELINE:

I submitted a webform on 14th May, last friday, and I just got confirmation of reception of my docs, just wanted to update here so if anyone is submitting a webform has some idea about the timeline to process the request from IRCC end.

Reactions: tph058

mstefan

Feb 17, 2021
Burlington, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2021
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
16-02-2021
LANDED..........
27-09-2021
Just send an updated letter from the company as part of the WebForm. You may also need to check your WP, what type of WP do you have, If it is closed WP then usually location is tied and indicated in the WP check that as well.
Thanks but I'm fine for the WP, it's an open one, and I don't work for that company anymore but another sister company in the same corporation.

The HR department just answered me. The official change of address is scheduled for July 1st. Until then, it will remain the same in their documentation, on their website etc...

I'll see how things go. If my eligibility is still not done by mid-June, I'll ask for an updated letter.

tph058

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
Thanks but I'm fine for the WP, it's an open one, and I don't work for that company anymore but another sister company in the same corporation.

The HR department just answered me. The official change of address is scheduled for July 1st. Until then, it will remain the same in their documentation, on their website etc...

I'll see how things go. If my eligibility is still not done by mid-June, I'll ask for an updated letter.
Does anyone know how to find out the officer's number in the GMCS note?. TIA.

ciccris

Star Member
Jul 23, 2020
Logged in this morning just to check out my account and had a ghost update! Nothing has changed in terms of the status of background check or anything.
This is my first ghost update.

Timeline as follows

AOR: Feb 12 2021
Medical passed: Mar 1 2021
BIL: Mar 1st
Biometrics completed: Mar 2 2021
GU: May 21 2021

Fingers crossed for a real update soon!

Reactions: mstefan

Eric P

May 8, 2021
Logged in this morning just to check out my account and had a ghost update! Nothing has changed in terms of the status of background check or anything.
This is my first ghost update.

Timeline as follows

AOR: Feb 12 2021
Medical passed: Mar 1 2021
BIL: Mar 1st
Biometrics completed: Mar 2 2021
GU: May 21 2021

Fingers crossed for a real update soon!
Great news, did you receive an email notification for the GU?