AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
27-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2019
LANDED..........
20-09-2019
I am a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWD) holder and my passport and 3-year work permit are expiring on October 28, 2018. I have applied for PR under CEC in May 2018 and have not received any response, yet. My questions are:

• Can I apply for a briging visa? It says I need to have an open work permit to get one. My PGWP allows me to work any job but would it count as an open work permit?

• I have a job offer in NS till June 2019 and also currently working. My employer have not and will not apply for a LIMA. Would that be an issue?

• What should I do?

Please advise as soon as possible.

Thank you!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWD) holder and my passport and 3-year work permit are expiring on October 28, 2018. I have applied for PR under CEC in May 2018 and have not received any response, yet. My questions are:
  • Can I apply for a briging visa? It says I need to have an open work permit to get one.
That is not what it says. It says you need to have a VALID work permit at the time of application. And it says if you apply for a BOWP you must apply for an OPEN work permit (the wording is strange, but that is what it means).
  • My PGWP allows me to work any job but would it count as an open work permit?
Yes, the PGWP is an open work permit, but that is not required for a BOWP. It does not matter if the existing work permit is open or closed, it only matters that when you apply for the BOWP you make certain that you apply for an open work permit.
  • I have a job offer in NS till June 2019 and also currently working. My employer have not and will not apply for a LIMA. Would that be an issue?
Not enough information. Without the LMIA, you do not have a "valid offer of (future) employment." It is not mandatory to have a valid job offer for CEC. But if you claimed points for having a job offer, and don't meet the requirements, you will lose the points and possibly eligiblity.
  • What should I do?
About what?

!