+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC, AOR and BOWP questions

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm trying to make sense out of the AOR requirements for BOWP for CEC applicants. Background: I am under a 3 year PGWP that expires July 2016, with a current crs score of 447. Who knows if and when that score will get me an ITA, so I'm working hard to raise my score by completing a 4 year program I hadn't completed from my home country. Unfortunately, the process will take me around 6-8 months, but once that's completed around March of next year, I will have a score of 477 and eligible for OONP, which puts me in a better spot for immigration. I'll be cutting it very close to the expiry date of my PGWP, so I will be applying for a BOWP to bridge the gap between tempory worker and permanent residency.

One of the requirements for BOWP is AOR. In the CIC website, it says CEC applicants with positive eligibility should have the status of the Eligibility CEC activity set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO. My questions are the following:

• I've heard there are two AORs, is this true? Or are people referencing E-receipt and AOR?
  • What is the usual time it takes to receive AOR eligible for BOWP application once docs for PR are submitted?
  • Is this an electronic document or is it an actual letter?

Thanks for any help, I'm just trying to figure it all out so that I'm not in a hurry to find out once the times comes. From experience, diligence is key with these things.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
Hi, I'm trying to make sense out of the AOR requirements for BOWP for CEC applicants. Background: I am under a 3 year PGWP that expires July 2016, with a current crs score of 447. Who knows if and when that score will get me an ITA, so I'm working hard to raise my score by completing a 4 year program I hadn't completed from my home country. Unfortunately, the process will take me around 6-8 months, but once that's completed around March of next year, I will have a score of 477 and eligible for OONP, which puts me in a better spot for immigration. I'll be cutting it very close to the expiry date of my PGWP, so I will be applying for a BOWP to bridge the gap between tempory worker and permanent residency.

One of the requirements for BOWP is AOR. In the CIC website, it says CEC applicants with positive eligibility should have the status of the Eligibility CEC activity set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or email has been sent by the CIO. My questions are the following:

• I've heard there are two AORs, is this true? Or are people referencing E-receipt and AOR?

There is only 1 AOR. Unfortunately, the eAPR was incorrectly called AOR in Feb/Mar and when someone reported getting 'the' AOR, the terminology of 2nd AOR was invented and stuck around.

• What is the usual time it takes to receive AOR eligible for BOWP application once docs for PR are submitted?

Minimal data for any meaningful predictions. Not earlier than 4 weeks though.

• Is this an electronic document or is it an actual letter?

Electronic. Delivered as a message to your MyCIC inbox.

[/list]

Thanks for any help, I'm just trying to figure it all out so that I'm not in a hurry to find out once the times comes. From experience, diligence is key with these things.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad! Really appreacite the input. I've noticed some people claim they receive AOR within the same day or even week. I am curious to know what document they mean.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
Thanks Asivad! Really appreacite the input. I've noticed some people claim they receive AOR within the same day or even week. I am curious to know what document they mean.
As I pointed out earlier, that's the eAPR which is simply confirmation of application submission. It was incorrectly labelled as AOR and that terminology stuck.

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
GARJ said:
http://1drv.ms/1DbkFIb

Above is a snapshot of my CIC messages. You see I got my acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) The same day (May 8)I got confirmation of electronic transmission of my application

So you see its possible to have AOR the same day.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Omolomi for your input, and the screen grab as well. Very interesting to see in picture!