+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC and Quebec Work Permit

cseeker

Apr 3, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
Inland
Hi Friends,
Need your help to resolve a dilemma that I am in!! Request some experts to provide comments on the following questions:

1. What are the chances of getting PR under CEC category if I take up a job in Gatineau but stay in ottawa? I have gone through some of the existing threads but most of them deal with cases where applicants were in Montreal.
2. Considering my work permit would be bound to a company in Gatineau (Quebec) would my wife be able to work in Ottawa? I am assuming as per rules she will be eligible for an Open work permit.
3. I believe I won't be able to apply under FSW - arranged employment category right? Since my work permit would be in Quebec.

Thanks in advance,
Cseeker

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
1. If you live in Ottawa, no issues at all. The official wording says for CEC eligibility "plan to live outside of quebec". If you are living outside and it doesnt appear due to your job constraints, i don't think there is any problem (Gatineau is just less drive than with in a large city).

2. Your wife can work any where in Canada on an open work permit.

3. I am not sure, i am myself in the same situation. But even if eligible FSW's take hell longer and are not really meant for some one living in Canada.

PiTHn

Jan 6, 2013
fkl said:
1. If you live in Ottawa, no issues at all. The official wording says for CEC eligibility "plan to live outside of quebec". If you are living outside and it doesnt appear due to your job constraints, i don't think there is any problem (Gatineau is just less drive than with in a large city).

2. Your wife can work any where in Canada on an open work permit.

3. I am not sure, i am myself in the same situation. But even if eligible FSW's take hell longer and are not really meant for some one living in Canada.
cseek & fyl : seems like you both belong to same company :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
PiTHn said:
cseek & fyl : seems like you both belong to same company :)

haha @ PitHn i suspected the same :) but i really don't know for sure. Though we have a lot of people with similar situations and i know most of them in person.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
fkl said:
haha @ PitHn i suspected the same :) but i really don't know for sure. Though we have a lot of people with similar situations and i know most of them in person.
and by the way - @PitHn, who knows ... you too :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
halo4me said:
I'm at same situation. :eek:
Well glad to hear that. keep us posted if you get any update since seemingly you would be applying sooner than the rest of us.

Meanwhile CIC launches express entry.

Don't know if that benefits us in any way or not.
http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=841349

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
I'm extending my work permit with LMO in Quebec. However, in June I'm qualify to apply CEC so I'll apply CEC by then. The new system promise that who has job offer which CEC candidates are automatic selected into pool and employer who applied LMO in last 2 years will automatic valid in new system. I guess everything should be just fine! finger cross/////

PiTHn

Jan 6, 2013
halo4me said:
I'm extending my work permit with LMO in Quebec. However, in June I'm qualify to apply CEC so I'll apply CEC by then. The new system promise that who has job offer which CEC candidates are automatic selected into pool and employer who applied LMO in last 2 years will automatic valid in new system. I guess everything should be just fine! finger cross/////
Hi Halo4em!

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this rule. I have more than one year experience now in Quebec and my work permit is valid for another one year. I want to apply on CEC while being still on job in Quebec. Is is in anyway different from your case?

Thanks.

halo4me

Dec 13, 2012
PiTHn said:
Hi Halo4em!

Can you please elaborate a bit more on this rule. I have more than one year experience now in Quebec and my work permit is valid for another one year. I want to apply on CEC while being still on job in Quebec. Is is in anyway different from your case?

Thanks.
I'm working in Montreal now. to be qualify CEC you have to convince CIC that you're planning to live in Federal rather Quebec. if your company has office outside Quebec, and able to relocate you then I think it should be ok. FYI, CEC accept 1 year work experience in Canada, which include in Quebec! Good luck, Wendy