CEC Additional Documentation and timeline question

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

Me and my husband are preparing to apply for Permanent Residency under CEC. He will be the principal applicant, and I'll be the dependant. However, we both meet the criteria for Permanent Residency under CEC (we have both been working full time for a year in a qualified NOC profession). I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could advise me on:

-My Husband (the principal applicant) will have been working for a full year on Nov. 15 of this year. How long should we wait before sending in our PR application? A week or two? We'd really like to have it in before EE launches on 2015, so any time before December 31st should be okay, am I correct?

-Should I also send in a completed "Economic Classes - CEC" form and all my other supporting documentation (letter of my employer, T4 tax forms) that proves that I have also been working for a full year on a qualified NOC profession, even if I'm the dependant in this case? (Some additional info, I have a little over a year in experience, but we decided to wait for my Husband to be the principal applicant because his NOC is higher than mine.)

-My husband and I have a couple of things that could prove we are settled well here in Canada (downpayment on a property, pre-approved for mortgage, leasing a car on contract, etc.). Is it wise to send in some documentation of this? Or is this just extra info that really wouldn't help, anyway? I was once told by my accountant that any information that proved we are settled in Canada, and plan to contribute economically, is well received and could help our case, but I just don't want to send in a bunch of documents that might just end up frustrating or confusing the officer.

Any help or advice anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated! This forum is incredibly useful!

Thank you :)

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
wsmolind said:
Hello!

Me and my husband are preparing to apply for Permanent Residency under CEC. He will be the principal applicant, and I'll be the dependant. However, we both meet the criteria for Permanent Residency under CEC (we have both been working full time for a year in a qualified NOC profession). I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could advise me on:

-My Husband (the principal applicant) will have been working for a full year on Nov. 15 of this year. How long should we wait before sending in our PR application? A week or two? We'd really like to have it in before EE launches on 2015, so any time before December 31st should be okay, am I correct?

Please keep buffer of 5-10 days to be on safer side

-Should I also send in a completed "Economic Classes - CEC" form and all my other supporting documentation (letter of my employer, T4 tax forms) that proves that I have also been working for a full year on a qualified NOC profession, even if I'm the dependant in this case? (Some additional info, I have a little over a year in experience, but we decided to wait for my Husband to be the principal applicant because his NOC is higher than mine.)

If you are being added as dependent and your husband is Principal applicant , No need of above coz it creates unnecessary confusion in mind of VO and have seen this happening with somebody in forum , avoid it.

-My husband and I have a couple of things that could prove we are settled well here in Canada (downpayment on a property, pre-approved for mortgage, leasing a car on contract, etc.). Is it wise to send in some documentation of this? Or is this just extra info that really wouldn't help, anyway? I was once told by my accountant that any information that proved we are settled in Canada, and plan to contribute economically, is well received and could help our case, but I just don't want to send in a bunch of documents that might just end up frustrating or confusing the officer.

The Program is CEC its not FSW or some other where you have to enusre or convince your stability in Canada , Avoid sending un-necessary docs until asked .

Any help or advice anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated! This forum is incredibly useful!

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Great, thank you! This was really helpful, I'll stick to just sending the requested documentation and hold off on any extras, then.

Thank you!

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
wsmolind said:
Hello,

Great, thank you! This was really helpful, I'll stick to just sending the requested documentation and hold off on any extras, then.

Thank you!
No Problem , Pleasure is all mine :D

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
wsmolind said:
Hello!

Technically he can apply on 16th of november but for sure it will take him a week or two to get reference letter from employer till this date. also please ensure he did not had any unpaid periods or vacation more than two weeks if it is the case better wait for experience to complete. Otherwise you guys are good to go.

This can confuse the VO that who is the prime applicant, officialy this form is never requested for dependent so don't send this one

You guys are earning and it will be shown on your T4 AND NOA, you have job and funds to settle here that's what they need ..... you do not need to include these documents as it will be chaos for VO.

Hope it help all the best !!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
wsmolind said:
Hello!

Hi,
if you don't mind to sped some more money, you can apply twice (as a back up in case the first application is rejected). In the second one you would be the principal applicant and your husband as a dependent.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
wsmolind said:

Correct. And yes, giving it a couple of extra weeks may help.

NO! complete only the forms that are indicated for the dependent (e.g. background declaration, additional family information).

No. CEC is designed to be as simple as possible. You either meet the requirements, or you don't - pass/fail. Extra documentation is irrelevant (and potentially annoying).