+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC adding undeclared work experience on PGWP

KENNY0861

May 11, 2022
Hello everyone, thank you for reading my question. I have a question about adding work experience that I did not declare on my study permit and PGWP to my Express Entry profile. Not sure if this would cause misrepresentation. Hope you can give me some advice.
To summarize, I have added a timeline to better explain my case:
  • Apr 01, 2018 - Applied for study visa in my home country
  • Apr 04, 2018 - found a contract job for 3 months (to earn some extra cash obviously)
  • April 20, 2018 - study visa approved
  • July 10, 2018 - ended contract job
  • August 20, 2018 came to Canada
My concern is whether adding this job would cause misrepresentation??? I obviously did not try to hide this experience whatoever on my study visa application because I had not earned the experience yet when I submitted my application. However, I did not declare that on my PGWP application. I was afraid to have job discripency between study visa and pgwp so I entered the same work history on my PGWP application like my study visa, plus the international student advisor at my university said PGWP approval is based on CAD education and it is not material to affect the IRCC officer decision so it does not matter to add the experience or not. Therefore, I did not add this experience on my PGWP.

Can you guys give me some advice on this matter? is it a serious issue?