+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience with business trips abroad

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
Hi,

My aor is 4th October, and reading some of the people here I got a question.

I have full time job in Canada, but it contains some long business trips around. Those business trips are in the offer of employment stipulated (and included in my EE application), meaning what is the time of period I will spend on them abroad. (2 months and half). If we do not count these 3 months, I have less than 12 months at the moment of the ITA. Now, at the moment of writing this post I have more than one year for sure, without including the periods abroad. During these two months and half, I traveled shortly to Canada for few days to meet with my boss, and go back again abroad.

During that time I was paid by my Canadian employer as if I was based in Canada (again, its part of the job), and I do have the payrolls for that period etc. However, initially I did not submit the paystubs in my application because I thought that the T4 and letter from my boss with duties and date since I was employed should be enough. I did also submitted a letter from the institution I was hosted, stating that I was a research visiting for x to x period. In my LOE I mentioned:

"Travel abroad as part of my position at my current job (as Visiting Scholar). It can be considered business trips. I attach letter from the research center.
I always maintained my address, my bills, rent of the apartment, job duties, job income, etc. in my original address back in Canada, as the address history shows."

My NOC is 4011, one of the main duties is:
  • May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers

And in my letter written by my boss pretty much one of the duties conducted is 'Representing (my place of employment) at international conferences and meetings'.

Should I raise a webform sending the paystubs and hope for the best? @legalfalcon

Thank you in advance, you all deserve a Nobel prize. If one day win one, I will acknowledge all of you :D

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

My aor is 4th October, and reading some of the people here I got a question.

I have full time job in Canada, but it contains some long business trips around. Those business trips are in the offer of employment stipulated (and included in my EE application), meaning what is the time of period I will spend on them abroad. (2 months and half). If we do not count these 3 months, I have less than 12 months at the moment of the ITA. Now, at the moment of writing this post I have more than one year for sure, without including the periods abroad. During these two months and half, I traveled shortly to Canada for few days to meet with my boss, and go back again abroad.

During that time I was paid by my Canadian employer as if I was based in Canada (again, its part of the job), and I do have the payrolls for that period etc. However, initially I did not submit the paystubs in my application because I thought that the T4 and letter from my boss with duties and date since I was employed should be enough. I did also submitted a letter from the institution I was hosted, stating that I was a research visiting for x to x period. In my LOE I mentioned:

"Travel abroad as part of my position at my current job (as Visiting Scholar). It can be considered business trips. I attach letter from the research center.
I always maintained my address, my bills, rent of the apartment, job duties, job income, etc. in my original address back in Canada, as the address history shows."

My NOC is 4011, one of the main duties is:
  • May represent their universities as speakers and guest lecturers

And in my letter written by my boss pretty much one of the duties conducted is 'Representing (my place of employment) at international conferences and meetings'.

Should I raise a webform sending the paystubs and hope for the best? @legalfalcon

Thank you in advance, you all deserve a Nobel prize. If one day win one, I will acknowledge all of you :D

As long as you were employed , i.e. in the currency of employment, doing the work as stipulated in your employment contract, you do not have to worry even if you were travelling.

As per IRCC requirements for Canadian work experience:

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

If you have provided the above, you will be fine. If any additional documents are required, IRCC will ask.

naturale23

Jan 30, 2021
I am confused. I do not have foreign work experience but I have someone willing to write a letter for me and put their phone number down incase they are called. Is there any way Cic will find out that I didn't really work there. Doing this would help my score. Please reply.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am confused. I do not have foreign work experience but I have someone willing to write a letter for me and put their phone number down incase they are called. Is there any way Cic will find out that I didn't really work there. Doing this would help my score. Please reply.
Yes, there are several different ways they can find out. You should be ready to be refused and then banned from Canada for five years for misrepresentation.

Reactions: hyong1991

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Not a good idea. It would be misrepresentation if they found out.

naturale23

Jan 30, 2021
Yes, there are several different ways they can find out. You should be ready to be refused and then banned from Canada for five years for misrepresentation.
What other way. The letter is typed out and the phone number included is that of a relative. Isn't it calls they make? Physical visit is not possible now due to the pandemic and even if they did the owner would confirm it, my question is apart from visiting the place and phone calls is there any other way they can investigate?

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
What other way. The letter is typed out and the phone number included is that of a relative. Isn't it calls they make? Physical visit is not possible now due to the pandemic and even if they did the owner would confirm it, my question is apart from visiting the place and phone calls is there any other way they can investigate?
There are plenty of ways they can investigate. But hey, it is your application. Do it at your own risk.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Ok, you’ve already been advised that they have methods to confirm information submitted. You are asking for information and or assistance in how to misrepresent your information on your application.
No one is going to assist you here on how to mess with the system in getting approved.
You’re acting like a dog with a bone , let it go

dreamercec

Jan 30, 2021
As long as you were employed , i.e. in the currency of employment, doing the work as stipulated in your employment contract, you do not have to worry even if you were travelling.

As per IRCC requirements for Canadian work experience:

If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

If you have provided the above, you will be fine. If any additional documents are required, IRCC will ask.

Thanks for your response. If I understand correctly, as far as I was in the Canadian payroll, T4 shows that, and its in the duties listed for my position by my boss (and NOC), I should not worry and they are considered business trips for my CEC Canadian experience.

What about experience in which we do not have access to the T4 yet? For example work experience during 2020. T4s are released usually in February 2021.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for your response. If I understand correctly, as far as I was in the Canadian payroll, T4 shows that, and its in the duties listed for my position by my boss (and NOC), I should not worry and they are considered business trips for my CEC Canadian experience.

What about experience in which we do not have access to the T4 yet? For example work experience during 2020. T4s are released usually in February 2021.
YEs, your understanding is correct.

Do you have pay-stubs for the period for which the T4 is not yet available, you can include that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There are certainly other ways IRCC uses to verify your employment but I'm not going to tell you what those are. If you want to commit misrepresentation then you're on your own.