+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CEC 1 year experience Advise. URGENT!

Teraze

Jun 22, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a general question on how experience is calculated based for CEC, in my case, from June-2018 to September-2018 I worked as a line cook(NOC B 6242) with Employer X ,then from September 2018 to February 2019 , I was working as a security guard while also looking for a NOC B job. So Mid feb 2019 I found a part time job through reference as an Office administrator assistant (NOC B 1241) with Employer Y which lasted till July-2019. Then from August-2019 to March-2020 I worked full time with a different employer Z as an Administrative assistant (NOC B 1241), due to Covid I couldn't work for April and May, but i resumed my work this month.

If I just add the experience gained under Employer Y + Z then I still would've to work 2 more months to get to that 1 year experience threshold but since express entry(CEC) points are low and the next few draws is my only hope to get ITA before the points jump back to 470s.

So my question is can I use the experience gained under Employer X? Since its a different NOC code, but If i use that experience then I'll be able to apply to possibly get my ITA by the next draw.

Teraze

Jun 22, 2020
I have the original job offer, pay stubs and T4, I don't think I'll be able to get reference letter since the restaurant is permanently closed.
Do you think that job offer and pay stubs will be enough?

Teraze

Jun 22, 2020
Depends on what the contents of the "job offer" are.

Requirements are as follows:

"The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:
  • a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years])."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#s03

If you cannot get a reference letter, you can try submitting substitute documents, but there is always a chance that the VO will not be satisfied with them. The only way to make sure is to submit a reference letter that meets the requirements above to the letter.

If you do decide to submit substitute documents, you must make sure that the parts highlighted above in red are collectively proven by the documents you submit. If anything is missing, there is a very high chance of rejection.
I might be able to get in touch with the owner of the restaurant. But is it possible to have a reference letter even if the business is permanently closed?