+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CD-IELTS (Listening Section)

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hi

I wanted to know if the IELTS computer based Listening section is the same as the paper based test leaving the ten minutes transfer time?
Do we get time to read the questions before the audio begins? Because, for the online mock example , the audio begins immediately the test starts.Need clarification.

Also are there breaks between the sections? As in, after the listening test and before the reading test/writing test?

Thanks

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello,

you are not given extra 10 mins in the end for CD listening test.
After every section you will be given 2 mins to check your spelling for the answers before moving on to another section.
At the beginning of every section, you will be given some time to read the questions and then answer while listening.

In my experience, the only time I had was to submit listening and log in my id to start the writing/reading part.
No bathroom breaks as such.
Hope this helps

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hello,

After every section you will be given 2 mins to check your spelling for the answers before moving on to another section.
At the beginning of every section, you will be given some time to read the questions and then answer while listening.

In my experience, the only time I had was to submit listening and log in my id to start the writing/reading part.
Hope this helps
Hey thanks a heap!

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hey thanks a heap!
Hi Yumna

Can I please ask another question on Listening section?
How to we navigate between different parts of the listening section. Eg: if part 1 has 10 questions which we see onscreen, do we click to the see the 11th question in part 2 or the page will automatically refresh so we see the next part in listening?

Are there any full length practice tests so I get an idea of the Listening section? Cause online , there are practice questions but all separate eg: maps, complete the sentence etc. no 30 minute test

Thanks in advance.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi Yumna

Can I please ask another question on Listening section?
How to we navigate between different parts of the listening section. Eg: if part 1 has 10 questions which we see onscreen, do we click to the see the 11th question in part 2 or the page will automatically refresh so we see the next part in listening?

Are there any full length practice tests so I get an idea of the Listening section? Cause online , there are practice questions but all separate eg: maps, complete the sentence etc. no 30 minute test

Thanks in advance.
Hey
The listening part is quick,
There is not enough time for you to look at the first page and move to the next before answering the first, plus it will be too confusing to grasp more than 10 questions at once.
https://ieltsonlinetests.com/collection/ielts-general-training-volume-1
I practiced from this website ,
Was quite helpful

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
Hey
The listening part is quick,
There is not enough time for you to look at the first page and move to the next before answering the first, plus it will be too confusing to grasp more than 10 questions at once.
https://ieltsonlinetests.com/collection/ielts-general-training-volume-1
I practiced from this website ,
Was quite helpful
Hi

Thanks so much!
Please can I clarify one think. Do we get 30 seconds to read questions for each part? Example, would the audio say " now go to part 2. Then we click the NEXT button to go to part 2. Then audio starts " you have 30 sec to read the questions "
Does this happen in computer based listening?

How do we navigate between each parts of the listening section. Do we get instructions to go to next set of questions . Or how we go to" next page" .

Thanks a heap!

Max003

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Hello,

Hope this helps
Hi, I’ve written my exam yesterday and I have to disagree about 2min window to check your answer in every sections. They barely give you -30 seconds to run through your answers before moving to the next. However, you will be given 2-3 at the end of the test to proofread your answers.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi

Thanks so much!
Please can I clarify one think. Do we get 30 seconds to read questions for each part? Example, would the audio say " now go to part 2. Then we click the NEXT button to go to part 2. Then audio starts " you have 30 sec to read the questions "
Does this happen in computer based listening?

How do we navigate between each parts of the listening section. Do we get instructions to go to next set of questions . Or how we go to" next page" .

Thanks a heap!
I remember them giving time to run throught the questions mentioned by them.
Dont know 30 secs as i was busy reading the questions than counting 30 secs.

Meg106

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I remember them giving time to run throught the questions mentioned by them.
Dont know 30 secs as i was busy reading the questions than counting 30 secs.
Thanks a heap!
Also, to navigate to the next part (from part 1 to part2 ) , we manually click on part 2 right/ click on the question number below the screen to navigate to the next part?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello,

Could you pls. share with me IELTS general computer practice tests.

Secondly, i have some confusion in Reading part. There are 4 or 5 passages in reading section. Is it essential to work in sequence or we can we do any of passages on priority.

rthoguluva

Jul 16, 2015
Hi Experts,

I'm writing this post to get advise from you about listening in IELTS. I know, it is not right forum to post about IELTS query. But I believe most of them might have crossed this hurdle and secured good marks in the listening section. So I would need your suggestion about it from your experience. Hence, I took this opportunity to post my query in this group and expecting your input.

I've done many mock tests in the listening sections and my scores are not accelerating more than 24 out of 40. I wanted to score more than 35 /40. I am losing the marks mostly in the CHOOSE THE BEST Options is one of the main reason. I've done all the listening practice test ranging from IELTS 3 to 14. Also, I feel recently IELTS has become tough.

Please share your tips for my below questions

Questions #1. I would need your tips to improve my listening and to increase more than 34 out of 40.

Questions #2. I'm running short of materials. Please provide some source to get extensive materials for practicing listening.

Many Thanks,
rthoguluva