+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB (Canada Child Benefit) application declined... Please help!

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Hello,
First of all congratulations for getting the CCB application accepted.
Please could you tell me what are the documents that you submitted initially for the application?
We are a family of 3 staying in Canada without a job. We would be applying for CCB, so we are seeking your help.
Hi,

We submitted the updated documents (included BC Hydro bill, bank statements, PR card copies etc) with an application to reconsider our application by Canada Post. The address for people living in BC is :

Winnipeg Tax Centre 66 Stapon Road Winnipeg MB R3C 3M2

In the application, we mentioned all the details including the SIN number which could be used to match the details on the file.

After around a month of submitting the documents, in November 2019 we inquired on the phone (the agent discloses details only to the primary care giver which was my wife) and the agent told us that the application has been approved. The agent told us to wait atleast a month more to receive the cheque. After almost 2 months later when we submitted the reconsideration letter, today, December 13, 2019, we got the cheque that consisted of payments from July 2019 - December 2019.

Hope this experience of ours help all the newcomers to Canada. Our original application for CCB that was rejected due to lack of residency requirements was filed in July 2019 after about 1 month of landing in Canada. The rejection letter was received in late September 2019. The reconsideration letter was submitted in early October 2019, got approved in November 2019 and received cheque On 13 December 2019.

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019
Hello,
First of all congratulations for getting the CCB application accepted.
Please could you tell me what are the documents that you submitted initially for the application?
We are a family of 3 staying in Canada without a job. We would be applying for CCB, so we are seeking your help.
We submitted PR card and MSP card photocopies of all the family members, bc hydro bill for the last 3 months, birth certificate of the child along with the forms. These supporting documents that are needed to be sent are also mentioned in the forms.

Subhashri

May 7, 2020
Hi, we got PR through Express entry and did soft landing on July 2018. We came to settle here on march 2020. Now while trying to applying for CCB benefits, the form is asking for international income. Is it necessary to provide that. Also, does it have any impact on getting CCB. Please advise us about how we should proceed and documents we need to submit. Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, we got PR through Express entry and did soft landing on July 2018. We came to settle here on march 2020. Now while trying to applying for CCB benefits, the form is asking for international income. Is it necessary to provide that. Also, does it have any impact on getting CCB. Please advise us about how we should proceed and documents we need to submit. Thank you.
Of course it's necessary to provide and has an impact. The amount of CCB you get is determined by your previous income, whether it was in Canada or abroad. Failure to properly declare your full previous income to try to get more money is benefit fraud.

Reactions: YVR123

Subhashri

May 7, 2020
Of course it's necessary to provide and has an impact. The amount of CCB you get is determined by your previous income, whether it was in Canada or abroad. Failure to properly declare your full previous income to try to get more money is benefit fraud.
Thank you some much. So in that case, Do we need to pay tax( for international income) for the period we are not here say July 2018 to march 2020.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you some much. So in that case, Do we need to pay tax( for international income) for the period we are not here say July 2018 to march 2020.
No. You don't file tax returns or pay tax for when you weren't a tax resident.

Subhashri

May 7, 2020
Sorry for my late reply. Yes, just submit all the above mentioned documents. I also did the same and got our first CCB cheque after a month from submission of all PR related documents. Don't worry, you will get it very soon.
Hi, have you submitted the proof for international income?

San1234_ind

Dec 28, 2019
Hello,
Is it okay if I submit the documents electronically for CCB or do I need to mail all the supporting documents including the RC 66 form?

SIKONDAV

Sep 26, 2019
We submitted (Posted) the application for CCB couple of weeks ago, should we wait or we call the CRA for the same?

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi, need some help from those who have received or have started to receive CCB. My spouse and child arrived in Canada on 23rd Dec 2020 and we sent our application for CCB on January 9th 2021. On Feb 2021my CCB got approved and the first payment is on Marc 19th 2021.
However, when I called CRA in Feb fist week, they said that the "first amount will be considered from the following month the child started living with you". Anybody can suggest whether arrears are applicable or it starts from the following month the file is approved?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, need some help from those who have received or have started to receive CCB. My spouse and child arrived in Canada on 23rd Dec 2020 and we sent our application for CCB on January 9th 2021. On Feb 2021my CCB got approved and the first payment is on Marc 19th 2021.
However, when I called CRA in Feb fist week, they said that the "first amount will be considered from the following month the child started living with you". Anybody can suggest whether arrears are applicable or it starts from the following month the file is approved?
Will start on the first full month you were together is what I believe they are saying.

Reactions: papan5069

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Will start on the first full month you were together is what I believe they are saying.
thanks!! this is my understanding as well. So my family landed here on 23rd Dec and I applied on Jan 9th. So, we should be eligible from Jan 2021. But anyways I will call them and ask again? Thanks for your rpely.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thanks!! this is my understanding as well. So my family landed here on 23rd Dec and I applied on Jan 9th. So, we should be eligible from Jan 2021. But anyways I will call them and ask again? Thanks for your rpely.
Believe they mean from when you applied. You can certainly try.