+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB (Canada Child Benefit) application declined... Please help!

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by NareshC, Jul 27, 2019.

2. Hi ,

I did not understand by firm time period ? I arrived last year in april and she worked for an year. Yes she is on paid parental leave now.

3. Is she for sure staying for 5 months or could it be extended is what I meant by whether it is a firm time period. If she was in Canada working from January- April 2019 then the chances of receiving CCB are much better. Always best to check with CRA.

5. Thanks a ton for your quick response sir. Yes she worked from May 2018 till may 2019. Baby was born in July 2019. Benefit started September 2019. She will leave for India this week will return in March 2020. will join her job in May 2020. Now my question is will she be able to get CCB for 5 months ?? Thanks .

6. How much time does it take for the CCB application to be approved?.I have applied for itin mid of September and I am yet to get a reply from CRA..pls advise

7. Giving them a call is a good idea but you may also want to read this (click on the 3rd topic):

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/factual-residents-temporarily-outside-canada.html#nttlmnts

8. It's going to be almost 2 months since you heard from them. In my experience, they usually respond within a month.