+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CCB (Canada Child Benefit) application declined... Please help!

amandeepsbhatia

Dec 5, 2016
Hi ,

I did not understand by firm time period ? I arrived last year in april and she worked for an year. Yes she is on paid parental leave now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,

I did not understand by firm time period ? I arrived last year in april and she worked for an year. Yes she is on paid parental leave now.
Is she for sure staying for 5 months or could it be extended is what I meant by whether it is a firm time period. If she was in Canada working from January- April 2019 then the chances of receiving CCB are much better. Always best to check with CRA.

amandeepsbhatia

Dec 5, 2016
Thanks a ton for your quick response sir. Yes she worked from May 2018 till may 2019. Baby was born in July 2019. Benefit started September 2019. She will leave for India this week will return in March 2020. will join her job in May 2020. Now my question is will she be able to get CCB for 5 months ?? Thanks .

Nsm86

Feb 8, 2019
How much time does it take for the CCB application to be approved?.I have applied for itin mid of September and I am yet to get a reply from CRA..pls advise

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Thanks a ton for your quick response sir. Yes she worked from May 2018 till may 2019. Baby was born in July 2019. Benefit started September 2019. She will leave for India this week will return in March 2020. will join her job in May 2020. Now my question is will she be able to get CCB for 5 months ?? Thanks .
Giving them a call is a good idea but you may also want to read this (click on the 3rd topic):

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/factual-residents-temporarily-outside-canada.html#nttlmnts

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
How much time does it take for the CCB application to be approved?.I have applied for itin mid of September and I am yet to get a reply from CRA..pls advise
It's going to be almost 2 months since you heard from them. In my experience, they usually respond within a month.

Mrshaks

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
No. I asked the agent on the phone and she mentioned we don’t need any proof. We just need you to submit Statement of Income form RC 66 SCH with just the salary number.

She told me to submit the photocopies of the PR along with a letter as proof of residency.
I’ll update it here on how it went.
Hi,

How did you submit the updated documents? I want to send proof of residence and direct debit authorization as i missed these in my initial submission. Did you mail them how did they match it with your file.

cookie.monster

Jul 25, 2017
Burnaby, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-10-2018
AOR Received.
17-10-2018
Med's Done....
19-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-01-2019
LANDED..........
26-06-2019
Hi,

How did you submit the updated documents? I want to send proof of residence and direct debit authorization as i missed these in my initial submission. Did you mail them how did they match it with your file.
Hi,

We submitted the updated documents (included BC Hydro bill, bank statements, PR card copies etc) with an application to reconsider our application by Canada Post. The address for people living in BC is :

Winnipeg Tax Centre 66 Stapon Road Winnipeg MB R3C 3M2

In the application, we mentioned all the details including the SIN number which could be used to match the details on the file.

After around a month of submitting the documents, in November 2019 we inquired on the phone (the agent discloses details only to the primary care giver which was my wife) and the agent told us that the application has been approved. The agent told us to wait atleast a month more to receive the cheque. After almost 2 months later when we submitted the reconsideration letter, today, December 13, 2019, we got the cheque that consisted of payments from July 2019 - December 2019.

Hope this experience of ours help all the newcomers to Canada. Our original application for CCB that was rejected due to lack of residency requirements was filed in July 2019 after about 1 month of landing in Canada. The rejection letter was received in late September 2019. The reconsideration letter was submitted in early October 2019, got approved in November 2019 and received cheque On 13 December 2019.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Mumbai
Hi All,

I landed on 12 June 2019 and my family joined me on 1st Nov 2019 and on 2nd Dec 2019 I applied for CCB for my 2 child who are currently on Visitor Visa and there sponsorship application is under processing. I checked CCB eligibility criteria and did not come across any conditions regarding child on tourist visa not eligible for CCB and I am pretty sure in next few months there sponsorship would be approved as they recently were called for medical check-up.
Unfortunately on Jan 20, 2020 I have received a letter from CRA that both my children are not eligible for CCB as they do not meet residency requirement.
I would hence request the forum to advice if someone had a similar situation and what are the chances it would be approved if I file an appeal with CRA.

Looking forward to getting some responses.
Many Thanks,
Jaideep

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hi All,

I landed on 12 June 2019 and my family joined me on 1st Nov 2019 and on 2nd Dec 2019 I applied for CCB for my 2 child who are currently on Visitor Visa and there sponsorship application is under processing. I checked CCB eligibility criteria and did not come across any conditions regarding child on tourist visa not eligible for CCB and I am pretty sure in next few months there sponsorship would be approved as they recently were called for medical check-up.
Unfortunately on Jan 20, 2020 I have received a letter from CRA that both my children are not eligible for CCB as they do not meet residency requirement.
I would hence request the forum to advice if someone had a similar situation and what are the chances it would be approved if I file an appeal with CRA.

Many Thanks,
Jaideep
Well, one of the criteria to be eligible is that the children have to live with you. If they are on visit visas, they can't be living in Canada. So maybe that's the issue.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi All,

Many Thanks,
Jaideep
Just call CRA.

Oct 30, 2017
Mumbai
Yes I called CRA and to my amazement got to hear that they do not have my wife's details updated in their system and that is precisely to do with form Rc66sch which somehow they did not receive or misplaced it, I had dispatched both Rc66 & Rc66sch together via canada post and they happen to update only one form.
Now asking me to resend the Rc66sch mentioning duplicate copy to update their records. :( Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I called CRA and to my amazement got to hear that they do not have my wife's details updated in their system and that is precisely to do with form Rc66sch which somehow they did not receive or misplaced it, I had dispatched both Rc66 & Rc66sch together via canada post and they happen to update only one form.
Now asking me to resend the Rc66sch mentioning duplicate copy to update their records. :( Thanks
lit has only been 1-2 months and you are supposed to have landing fees through POFs. You will get paid retroactively if you are approved. Not such a big deal.