+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBT IELTS on FEB 1st, Imp qsns, please clarify !!!

Anneh2019

Jan 20, 2020
Hi all, I am taking my CBT IELTS next weekend and was hoping for some clarifications/advice from all of you. Kindly help!

Q1 - I now understand that we won't have time to transfer answers from paper to the system in case of the listening test and we need to learn to practice typing the answers directly into the system. Does this mean that after I finish answering the 4 sections, I won't get to go back and review/modify my answers?

Q2 - The word count for writing part 1 is at least 150 words and for part 2 it is at least 250 words. However, I don't see any mention of an upper limit. Is there any suggested count you should not exceed? What do you advise?

Q3 - Reading test, can you go back forth the sections and questions to review/modify your answers?

Q4 - If you finish your Reading test early, can you move to the Writing test or do you need to wait for the 60 minutes to wrap up?

Aman K

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-03-2020
Doc's Request.
23-10-2020
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
02/09/2020
Med's Done....
12/09/2020
Hi all, I am taking my CBT IELTS next weekend and was hoping for some clarifications/advice from all of you. Kindly help!

Q1 - I now understand that we won't have time to transfer answers from paper to the system in case of the listening test and we need to learn to practice typing the answers directly into the system. Does this mean that after I finish answering the 4 sections, I won't get to go back and review/modify my answers?

Q2 - The word count for writing part 1 is at least 150 words and for part 2 it is at least 250 words. However, I don't see any mention of an upper limit. Is there any suggested count you should not exceed? What do you advise?

Q3 - Reading test, can you go back forth the sections and questions to review/modify your answers?

Q4 - If you finish your Reading test early, can you move to the Writing test or do you need to wait for the 60 minutes to wrap up?
1) CD-IELTS does not give you an option to transfer at the end. You listen and answer simultaneously. End of the test, you are given 2 minutes to check/verify answers and to ensure all were answered.
P.S. I cant recall but i am quite confident that you are given 30 sec or 1 min in-between sections.

2) There is no upper limit. However, it is recommended to maintain the lowest limit. In case it exceeds, its ideal to go +20 words in Task 1 & +40(max.) in task 2.

3) Yes, you can scroll using the question "number tabs"at the bottom of the screen.

4) IELTS does not give an option to move earlier if one finishes quicker. The invigilators will rather tell you to hide the screen and wait until time is over.

Reactions: Cristalk