+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA Traveller History - cannot correct entry record?

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
I received my traveller history but is missing one entry record. I was told that they cannot add the entry record back to the report, is this true? then what is meant by "the right to correct the record"?

franciscleary

Jan 30, 2013
ecoyo said:
I received my traveller history but is missing one entry record. I was told that they cannot add the entry record back to the report, is this true? then what is meant by "the right to correct the record"?
Yeah, Indeed It's very true you cannot add the entry record back to the report. You need to consult a higher authority by personally meeting him & tell him your actual problem.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
If the request was made through the Privacy Act the regulations at 11 explain the procedure involved if a correction is being requested. Send the request for correction to the address in the letter that came with the disclosed information. The head of the government institution involved is required to follow the process that follows:

(4) Where a request by an individual under paragraph (1)(a) to correct personal information is refused in whole or in part, the head of the government institution that has control of the personal information shall, within thirty days after the receipt by the appropriate officer of the Correction Request Form forwarded by the individual,
(a) attach a notation to the personal information reflecting that a correction was requested but was refused in whole or in part;
(b) notify the individual that
(i) the request for correction has been refused in whole or in part and set out the reasons for the refusal,
(ii) the notation under paragraph (a) has been attached to the personal information, and
(iii) the individual has the right under the Act to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner;

It is a good idea to read the full section involved; not just this portion. It can be found here:

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-83-508/page-3.html#docCont