01-06-2016
File Transfer...
July 11th
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hello,

In order to get travel history from Canada Border Services Agency i have to send them information. But i don't know should i send them a letter of i have to complete their form. Can somebody help me with this problem. And i would like to know what is the differences between submitting an informal
request for the information or a formal request under the Privacy Act?

Thank you.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Here:

To obtain personal information partaining to yourself, you make the request under Privacy Act: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html
Here`s the form: http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/tbsf-fsct/350-58-eng.pdf

Requests for personal information that is NOT yours must be made under the Access to Information Act: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html e.g. say a friend outside Canada asks you to help obtain their travel records from CBSA - you would use this form instead and include a signed consent form from the friend.

SadButTrue

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-06-2016
File Transfer...
July 11th
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Thank you so much for helping.

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Hi.

I would like to request for travel history as I am renewing my canada permanent resident. I have a few questions. Please bear with me.

1) which federal government institution should I seek this information? Canada border services agency?
2) what is the difference between formal and informal request?
3) will the federal government institution provide me the information I need (travel history) with dates of arrival in canada and departure from canada if I ask for it or they will only provide dates of arrival?
4) I see that I can apply online. Is it more effective to do so?
5) Do I need to submit a photocopy of my PR card with written requests as proof of the person I am requesting the information?

Thanks

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Keithcjk said:
Hi.

I would like to request for travel history as I am renewing my canada permanent resident . I have a few questions. Please bear with me. You must mean your Permanent Resident Card, right?

1) which federal government institution should I seek this information? Canada border services agency? Yes

2) what is the difference between formal and informal request?
You can make a formal written request. I don't know of any "informal request". Formal requests are required because the gov't needs to confirm the identity of the person requesting the information and ensure they have a right to this information. A written request can also protect the gov't from any liability(lawsuits).

3) will the federal government institution provide me the information I need (travel history) with dates of arrival in canada and departure from canada if I ask for it or they will only provide dates of arrival? I don't know exactly what kind of information it will be, but I imagine they will give you whatever you are allowed to request and that is available about you. Really, you have to actually make the request online or by mail to see what is available.

4) I see that I can apply online. Is it more effective to do so? As it says on the website, it is faster, easier and more convenient and saves time.

5) Do I need to submit a photocopy of my PR card with written requests as proof of the person I am requesting the information?
All what you need to request on behalf of another person can be found here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-info-eng.html

Thanks