+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA requesting in-pesron interview

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I received a call from cbsa officer requesting an urgent interview, I want to exactly what to expect.

I applied for Spousal sponsorship in 2015 and it was denied in 2017 on the basis that enough evidence was not provided to proof my case. We reapplied a month later with alot more evidence and that application is currently being process. I am out of status and I receive a call from cbsa request and interview. What are the likely outcome?
Hi Did you went ? what was outcome

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Hi there.. did u guys received any responses from your Prra applications.. please can you share the process time. How long does it take.. and if u had an interview..thank you

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Yes please.. my friend just filed prra in February 2019.. he is failed refugee claimant.. his deferral letter was also refused.. with soo much efforts he was able to file Prra... he has 2 minor kids in canada (not canadian born)..
He tried to gather new proof but only got few.. no one is willing to help him from back home..
He is very tense because everyone is telling him prra has only 2 to 3 %chances of acceptance.. he doesn't know if he will have interview so he can describe his situation in best way.. i just want to know in how many months he can get his decision and if he will have an interview.. thank you soo much... any reply or help from you will be highly appreciated ..

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes please.. my friend just filed prra in February 2019.. he is failed refugee claimant.. his deferral letter was also refused.. with soo much efforts he was able to file Prra... he has 2 minor kids in canada (not canadian born)..
He tried to gather new proof but only got few.. no one is willing to help him from back home..
He is very tense because everyone is telling him prra has only 2 to 3 %chances of acceptance.. he doesn't know if he will have interview so he can describe his situation in best way.. i just want to know in how many months he can get his decision and if he will have an interview.. thank you soo much... any reply or help from you will be highly appreciated ..
When we submitted our PRRA that was in July 2017. We were told of the denial of the PRRA in October 2018. I am not sure if the processing of PRRA is speeding up or still taking this long but unfortunately the success rate of getting it approved is still very low; 2-3% is correct. My hubby was not a refugee so we only did this route to suspend a departure order. Is your friend married to an eligible Canadian for sponsorship? If not, my only suggestion is to go on the refugee forums and see what others have done for any chances in remaining in the country. I truly wish your friend success

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Thank you so much for your reply.. he is not married with canadian just failed refugee claimant.. life is really hard for him.. he has minor kids who are in canada as well.. i wish him good luck as well :(

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi! I just had an interview today by Cbsa. I have 60 days here in Canada and 60 days for the result of my application.. i had my application sent last january 24th and today i had signed and interview by Cbsa and they will contact Ircc to decide working on my papers within 60 days. I’m not sure what happen. I have lot of documents to submit still. I hope that everything will be ok

Pgtk

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi! I just had an interview today by Cbsa. I have 60 days here in Canada and 60 days for the result of my application.. i had my application sent last january 24th and today i had signed and interview by Cbsa and they will contact Ircc to decide working on my papers within 60 days. I’m not sure what happen. I have lot of documents to submit still. I hope that everything will be ok
did they gave you option to apply for PRRA ?