Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
AOR Received.
26-02-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2016
I received a call from cbsa officer requesting an urgent interview, I want to exactly what to expect.

I applied for Spousal sponsorship in 2015 and it was denied in 2017 on the basis that enough evidence was not provided to proof my case. We reapplied a month later with alot more evidence and that application is currently being process. I am out of status and I receive a call from cbsa request and interview. What are the likely outcome?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I received a call from cbsa officer requesting an urgent interview, I want to exactly what to expect.

I applied for Spousal sponsorship in 2015 and it was denied in 2017 on the basis that enough evidence was not provided to proof my case. We reapplied a month later with alot more evidence and that application is currently being process. I am out of status and I receive a call from cbsa request and interview. What are the likely outcome?
This happened with my husband. we went in and they did issue him an exclusion order. Our app was ready we were just waiting on police certificate which came 2 days later ( at which part we sent app in) officer said pre removal risk assessment had to be done before they could remove him. technically he was supposed to hand him the prra app package then but he said he would wait till my husband's 1st sign in (april5) ( he now has to sign in to cbsa once a month) so that it bought us time to get app in.
He told us not to get too frightened as it can still work out. fingers crossed. Hoping for AOR before PRRA gets underway. Can't say for sure what will happen in ur situation as it may be different than ours that's our story. Fingers crossed for u. good luck

edit. did u already have interview? Just realized that's possible. If so, how did it go

Last edited:

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
This happened with my husband. we went in and they did issue him an exclusion order. Our app was ready we were just waiting on police certificate which came 2 days later ( at which part we sent app in) officer said pre removal risk assessment had to be done before they could remove him. technically he was supposed to hand him the prra app package then but he said he would wait till my husband's 1st sign in (april5) ( he now has to sign in to cbsa once a month) so that it bought us time to get app in.
He told us not to get too frightened as it can still work out. fingers crossed. Hoping for AOR before PRRA gets underway. Can't say for sure what will happen in ur situation as it may be different than ours that's our story. Fingers crossed for u. good luck

edit. did u already have interview? Just realized that's possible. If so, how did it go
Hi
@Missrebel801
Have you got u r decision on PRRA how long it takes ?

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi
@Missrebel801
Have you got u r decision on PRRA how long it takes ?
Hi there.

no, nothing yet. the cbsa officer said he was going to wait to file the papers for PRRA until his first sign in date which was April 5. my husband went to sign in and that officer wasn't there but the lady that did his sign in didn't say anything give him anything. so we haven't even applied for PRRA yet. We haven't heard anything more about it as yet. When we went for the interview in March the officer did say to us that decisions ate usually made in 3-6 months but that he has seen it take up to a year.
if that helps. But as i said , we haven't even got the PRRA application yet. ( which is good in a way cuz we need the time for sponsorship app but at the same time kinda worries me) How's it going with u?

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017

if you do not go they will have an arrest warrnet against you and if the police stop you they can arrest you or they can go to your place and put handcuffs on you

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018

Its possible that they will detain you and/or issue you a removal order. Depending on what they decide, you might be able to stay a few more months if youre lucky and maybe get first stage approval of your sponsorship application. They might also confiscate your passport in the mean time.

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi there.

no, nothing yet. the cbsa officer said he was going to wait to file the papers for PRRA until his first sign in date which was April 5. my husband went to sign in and that officer wasn't there but the lady that did his sign in didn't say anything give him anything. so we haven't even applied for PRRA yet. We haven't heard anything more about it as yet. When we went for the interview in March the officer did say to us that decisions ate usually made in 3-6 months but that he has seen it take up to a year.
if that helps. But as i said , we haven't even got the PRRA application yet. ( which is good in a way cuz we need the time for sponsorship app but at the same time kinda worries me) How's it going with u?
I am going to apply for prra because I have not receive anything yet after I file my case in nov so I need time for cic to decide on it. They 60 days offer but my lawyer said that is very less time. If cic wouldn’t decide anything on my file in 69 days then I ll be in a trouble so I will choose to apply prra to get almost 6 more months that’s what my lawyer decided. But I saw some cases who got decisions in 60 days but my lawyer don’t want to take risk

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I am going to apply for prra because I have not receive anything yet after I file my case in nov so I need time for cic to decide on it. They 60 days offer but my lawyer said that is very less time. If cic wouldn’t decide anything on my file in 69 days then I ll be in a trouble so I will choose to apply prra to get almost 6 more months that’s what my lawyer decided. But I saw some cases who got decisions in 60 days but my lawyer don’t want to take risk
I don't know how true it is but I've read that sometimes cbsa can get ur application processed faster for a decision. again ..not sure if true

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
but what are u talking about with 60 days ?

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
I don't know how true it is but I've read that sometimes cbsa can get ur application processed faster for a decision. again ..not sure if true
I don’t know if that will be in my case i am reporting them since March but I have not seen anything like that

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
It’s really hard for me to understand this situation. They give 60 days if you don’t apply for prra . That what I understood from them and that is very less time .
do u mean the 60 days deferral?
officer told us u can get deferral but only in 60 day increments. but he did not say anything about only if u don't apply for PRRA. I'm so confused lol

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
do u mean the 60 days deferral?
officer told us u can get deferral but only in 60 day increments. but he did not say anything about only if u don't apply for PRRA. I'm so confused lol
M confused too I will definitely update u once my things get clear.

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
M confused too I will definitely update u once my things get clear.
Hi there. anything yet ? hubby has now signed in with them 2 months in a row and still nothing has been said about PRRA application. I'm scared to ask and open a can of worms but also scared to ignore it incase I'm missing something. officer did say he was gonna stall on it for a bit to give us time to get sponsorship app in but he said he was gonna serve papers IF someome frkm Toronto didn't contact us first , when hubby went for first sign In. well that was over a month ago and still nothing. been over 2 months since hubby turned himself in to cbsa and not a word about it

jeet07

Jan 10, 2018
Hi there. anything yet ? hubby has now signed in with them 2 months in a row and still nothing has been said about PRRA application. I'm scared to ask and open a can of worms but also scared to ignore it incase I'm missing something. officer did say he was gonna stall on it for a bit to give us time to get sponsorship app in but he said he was gonna serve papers IF someome frkm Toronto didn't contact us first , when hubby went for first sign In. well that was over a month ago and still nothing. been over 2 months since hubby turned himself in to cbsa and not a word about it
Hi @Missrebel801 they contacted me almost after 2 months . There were a silence for 2 month.my file is still in process nothing yet m waiting for medical. But Cbsa was behind me and asked me to choose weather I want to apply for PRRA or I want to get deferral by using 60 days policy. I asked my lawyer he is very experienced. He told me that my spousal file good and 60 days are nothing so he made me to apply for prra so it will take almost 8 more months . So I think you keep an eye on on your mail and email and phone . They contacted me after 2 months and she phoned and then she sent a mail. And right after I applied for prra.
And have you applied for Pr ???