8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hi all,
If one is sure of their travel dates and have proof to prove them (ex stamps in passport, itineraries, boarding passes, etc) but their cbsa entry/exit report shows different dates (+/- few days off), which dates does cic use?
Anyone with such an experience?

janoo

May 16, 2014
CBSA ENTRY RECORD IS 100 PERCENT CORRECT JUST HAVE RECEIVED MY REPORT
FOR LAST 7 YEARS AND SHOW EXACTLY THE SAME AS PER MY RECORD.

CBSA HAVE NO EXIT RECORD THIS IS THE MAJOR ISSUE IN CIC AND THIS IS THE
ARE DELAY ALL PROCEDURE AND EACH AND EVERY INDIVIDUAL HAVE TO PROOF
IN WAY OF AIR TICKET ENTRY STAMP IN FOREIGN COUNTRIES ETC....

nncs

Mar 9, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Jan-2010
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2010
File Transfer...
8-Feb-2010
Interview........
10-Aug-2010
Passport Req..
16-Dec-2010
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Thanks for replying janoo..
Didn't know that cbsa didn't have records of exits? Really....? Wow

I've seen some people mentioning that their cbsa entry dates are off by a day or two or have other errors in comparison with the a tubal entry date ...just curious how such cases would be treated when there is a discrepancy

janoo

May 16, 2014
Day or two difference have no matter and am sure everyone apply with some cushion

required days 1095 days and all of us apply few days extra at least

15 days..

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
I also have kind of the same issue. All my travels pre-PR are listed correctly.

Post-PR my land border crossings have not been recorded. They are recorded in the pre-PR period.

Anyone tried getting in touch with CBSA yet?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dbss said:
I also have kind of the same issue. All my travels pre-PR are listed correctly.

Post-PR my land border crossings have not been recorded. They are recorded in the pre-PR period.

Anyone tried getting in touch with CBSA yet?
I had one missing entry and CBSA officer told me that they can't enter missing entries but can only correct the existing ones those are incorrect.

I think, entries can be missed due to PR Card/Passport is not being scanned properly or due to some computer technical issue.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I had one missing entry and CBSA officer told me that they can't enter missing entries but can only correct the existing ones those are incorrect.

I think, entries can be missed due to PR Card/Passport is not being scanned properly or due to some computer technical issue.
yeah, I have one issue where neither the CBSA nor the U.S. report show my land crossing from Canada to the US and back to Canada.

No clue how I am supposed to proof that... Credit card statements maybe???

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dbo73 said:
yeah, I have one issue where neither the CBSA nor the U.S. report show my land crossing from Canada to the US and back to Canada.

No clue how I am supposed to proof that... Credit card statements maybe???
If CIC asks you can provide credit card statements(For transactions done in USA and Canada), employment payslip etc or something to show that you were back to Canada. If you went by air then boarding passes etc.

Only provide the details if CIC specifically asks for it.

Also, did you order i94 records or FOIA records for USA side? sometimes i94 records are not complete and if you order FOIA records then it will have most up to date data.
I had one usa entry missing in i94 however when i ordered FOIA records, it showed that missing entry.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
If CIC asks you can provide credit card statements(For transactions done in USA and Canada), employment payslip etc or something to show that you were back to Canada. If you went by air then boarding passes etc.

Also, did you order i94 records or FOIA records for USA side? sometimes i94 records are not complete and if you order FOIA records then it will have most up to date data.
I had one usa entry missing in i94 however when i ordered FOIA records, it showed that missing entry.
Thanks, yes that's what I thought, too. getting my credit card statements right now. Wasn't employed in Canada at that time and it was all land crossings with an RV :D.

I got access to my I94 details online but have requested FOIA records last week and hope they will be more detailed. Will see what happens.

If there is no evidence of me leaving Canada and coming back later, does that mean I will gain additional days for physical presence for the period in question ??? :p (just kidding)

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dbo73 said:
Thanks, yes that's what I thought, too. getting my credit card statements right now. Wasn't employed in Canada at that time and it was all land crossings with an RV :D.

I got access to my I94 details online but have requested FOIA records last week and hope they will be more detailed. Will see what happens.

If there is no evidence of me leaving Canada and coming back later, does that mean I will gain additional days for physical presence for the period in question ??? :p (just kidding)
hahahaha.... regardless of the evidence, just mention the truth.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
thecoolguysam said:

How long does it take for FOIA request?

Do you think it is a wise idea to add the FOIA and CBSA report along with the application when you have missing information?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dbss said:
How long does it take for FOIA request?

Do you think it is a wise idea to add the FOIA and CBSA report along with the application when you have missing information?
FOIA records can take anywhere around 15 days to months (many months)
I got it within 1 month though

There is no need to attach FOIA records unless CIC specifically asks for it. For CBSA records, CIC will obtain your consent from the application form itself.

DodgeCharger

Champion Member
Feb 9, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, but i believe that one should ask for a second opinion before doing something on their own. Anyone who has applied to CSBA for ATIP request please outline the procedure (i mean explain the fields on the web forms such as type of records and the Essay portion of the form, please also indicate which id's to send along..., i know it is self explanatory but some fields on the form are tricky, i wonder if they do it on purpose to trip ppl.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
DodgeCharger said:
Hi All

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, but i believe that one should ask for a second opinion before doing something on their own. Anyone who has applied to CSBA for ATIP request please outline the procedure (i mean explain the fields on the web forms such as type of records and the Essay portion of the form, please also indicate which id's to send along..., i know it is self explanatory but some fields on the form are tricky, i wonder if they do it on purpose to trip ppl.

I submitted the CBSA ATIP request for my records few months ago. The webpage is self explanatory.
I mentioned asking about my complete list of entries into Canada including date/time of entry, port of entry etc.
I uploaded copy of my passports held within the past 4 years and copy of both sides of pr card.

You can also request them to provide exit records (they can provide it from June 30, 2013 onwards) if you entered USA. Remember exit records are just for USA only.
Check the following link:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
DodgeCharger said:
Hi All

I gave a Canadian address in my name and didn't have to furnish any documents.