+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CBSA letter regarding interview as a "Removal Order is in Force"

ryan007

Star Member
Jan 26, 2012
Hello everyone,
Have been airing/advocating my Mother in laws case on this forum.
Yesterday, we received a letter from CBSA calling my Mother In Law for an interview as there is a "Removal order in force" against her based on the records they have with them.
How serious is this? She is a heart patient, apart from undergoing surgery (at our cost) to insert stents in the blocked portions of the arteries (x3) she is also diabetic.
Now the case is that she has only two daughters , both of whom are here in Canada (one of which is my wife) and since 2008 when we landed she has been staying with us on a permanent basis as she was having a valid visit visa. Interim, we applied for her PR under 1st, H&C grounds, which was rejected and then to buy time, we applied under "Refugee" category which too got rejected. Now the consultant/lawyer has applied again under H&C grounds with sponsorship which we were hoping would come through. And just yesterday we received the letter in the mail box.
On medical grounds (since both her daughters are here and she needs to be with somebody and not alone, since she is a widow) can she be granted a stay by the Judge in-case they set a date by when she has to leave Canada after the Interview, till such time the decision on the 3rd application which has been made under H&C ground with sponsorship is made?
We are hoping this works out as our family physician has willingly agreed to issue a letter since she knows her history in and out since she landed with us in 2008.
Besides, my mother in law has been active in supporting the local Parish activities and programes like Out-of-the-cold and other socio impacting programes.
Experts, kindly share your thoughts on the line of thinking illustrated above.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions/advice.